Natalie Neysa Alund Nashville Tennessean
Published 9:05 AM EDT Aug 1, 2019
A Southwest flight attendant recently crawled into a plane’s overhead bin as passengers boarded the aircraft in Nashville, shocking some passengers and humoring others.
In a video posted to Twitter by Passenger Veronica Lloyd, the woman is shown smiling and lying down in the plane’s baggage compartment on the aircraft headed to Atlanta.
“Is this a dream @SouthwestAir ?,” Lloyd wrote after posting the shot Monday. “I can’t get over how weird I find this. @SouthwestAir please get it together.”
“Imagine boarding a flight and not being able to put your luggage anywhere because the flight attendant is laying in the overhead bin.”
It was not immediately known how long the woman stayed in the bin or why she crawled into it, but other passengers also took to social media saying the move was likely all in jest.
“Aw guys don’t fire her just make sure she is in the overhead bin the right way so other luggage can fit,” one user wrote.
Another tweeted: “One of the reasons we love flying SWA is because of your fun-loving attendants.”
Southwest released this statement to USA TODAY-Tennessee on Thursday:
“Southwest Employees are known for demonstrating their sense of humor and unique personalities. In this instance, one of our Flight Attendants attempted to have a brief moment of fun with Customers during boarding. Of course, this is not our normal procedure, and Southwest Crews always maintain Safety as their top priority.”
Score!: Southwest passengers surprised with Nintendo Switch gaming systems en route to Comic-Con
Have Southwest tickets for this fall?: Check your reservation for new 737 Max cancellations
Reach Natalie Neysa Alund at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter @nataliealund.
- High fitness, passenger 'homework' and beauty school: Emirates flight attendants reveal what it REALLY takes to get a job with the 'best cabin crew in the world'
- Flight attendant prevents 'potential disaster' after spotting ice on aircraft's wings just seconds before take-off, report reveals
- Former flight attendant Jan Brown on lifelong mission to ban lap infants on airplanes
- Pilots, flight attendants sue Frontier for discrimination
- ‘It’s highly suspicious’: Alarm bells raised over doomed Ethiopian Airlines flight
- United Airlines Apologizes After Dog Dies In An Overhead Bin
- United settles with family over dog who died in overhead bin
- Southwest Airlines to share proceeds from Boeing 737 Max agreement with employees
- Southwest Airlines employees will get a big payday from Boeing over the Max 737 debacle
- British Airways employee accused of raping senior flight attendant during stop in Singapore: report