A SHOCKING video has emerged of an Uber driver and his passenger brawling on a busy city street.
The passenger can be seen punching the driver with the driver then swinging back at him with a weapon, with the pair continuing to trade blows.
At one point, the Uber driver can be seen trying to kick the other man, slashing in the air with his weapon.
The fight took place on Wandsworth Road near the junction of Lavender Hill, Queenstown and Cedars Roads in Clapham just before midnight on Friday.
Taxi driver Mick filmed the shocking fight, saying he could not believe the attack.
He told The Sun Online: “I was just driving along and saw the fight, it looked like the driver had a weapon in his hand.
“It looked like a wrench or a spanner, something quite long and tall.”
The Uber driver, wearing light blue trousers, could be seen waving his arms around with the passenger also throwing punches.
Did you see the fight? Contact [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368
He said he pulled over but did not want to get involved in the attack.
He said: “It was just shocking behaviour.
“I don’t want to jump to conclusions about who was at fault, and it could have been the passenger’s fault, but if you are a professional driver, you shouldn’t be fighting with passengers.”
During the fight, a woman can be seen trying to get in between the men, stopping them from coming to blows.
Having studied for more than three years to become a professional taxi driver himself, Mick said he was worried incidents like this tarnished the industry’s name.
He said: “Looking back, it looked quite serious.
“It worries me greatly when we all get lumped in together.”
A Met Police spokesman said: “Police were called at approximately 23:45hrs on Friday, 13 January to reports of a fight in Wandsworth Road, SW8.
“A man – an Uber driver aged in his 40s – reported he had been assaulted by male who was a passenger in his car.
“A female was also present.”
No injuries were reported.
No one has been arrested with enquiries continuing.
An Uber spokesman said: “While incidents like this are exceptionally rare we take them very seriously. Both riders and partner-drivers can be barred from using the app following a serious incident.
“We’re currently investing this and will take the appropriate action when we have spoken to the authorities and those involved.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or via Twitter @MetCC.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368
- London’s black-cab drivers use rival app to compete with upstart Uber
- Boris Johnson is 'breathing unassisted' and does NOT have pneumonia: Downing Street say PM is 'stable' and in 'good spirits' in intensive care as he battles coronavirus
- Prince William and Kate Middleton mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day with a post dedicated to the Queen's work as a mechanic - and detail how she tried to 'stay anonymous' during London celebrations
- Dominic Raab takes the reins: Foreign Secretary heads to Number 10 after he was asked by PM to take charge of government as he fights coronavirus in hospital - but Michael Gove snipes 'Cabinet is the supreme decision making body'
- Coronavirus live updates: Uber to lay off nearly 4,000 workers
- Coronavirus live updates: US sheds 20 million jobs in 1 month, Uber cuts nearly 4,000
- Chilling moment medics carry suspected coronavirus patient into ambulance from his London home as cases jump 665 in a day and a boy, 18, 'with health issues' becomes UK's YOUNGEST death
- Polish kitchen worker Lukasz Koczocik who was stabbed five times as he battled London Bridge killer Usman Khan with a 5ft ceremonial lance says he acted instinctively and sends condolences to victims' families after 'sad and pointless attack'
- Coronavirus live updates: Uber to require face coverings for drivers, passengers
- EXCLUSIVE: Moment ex-cop, 64, and son, 34, are arrested and charged with MURDER of black jogger Ahmaud Arbery, 25, two months after his fatal shooting - as family lawyer calls it 'the first step to justice'
- 'I am not a vigilante': Man who filmed shocking footage of Ahmaud Arbery being shot dead says through his lawyer that he followed him because there had been 'a number of crimes in the neighborhood' - despite cops saying there had been none
- Huge roof section is blown off a block of flats in Slough - crushing cars and sending tons of debris into the street below but NO one is hurt as storm Brendan batters Britain
- FF7 Remake Boss Fight Guide: Strategies For Beating Every Boss
- Breakingviews - Corona Capital: Fauci, Covea/Exor, Uber pay
- Xinhua Headlines: Europe eager to resume work, production to fight COVID-19 fallout
- Knife-wielding thieves who raided Dele Alli's £2million house 'threatened to butcher girlfriend Ruby Mae's pet poodle' as they stole three watches worth £350,000
- Teenager dies of coronavirus in UK: Boy, 18, from Coventry is one of 47 new deaths in 24 hours as toll hits 281 and total cases leaps 665 to 5683
- After wrecking Tube services Sadiq Khan causes outrage as he INCREASES congestion charge to £15, lengthens its hours and introduces it on Saturdays and Sundays - just as people are told to get to work but AVOID public transport
- Revealed: The three watches worth £350,000 taken by knife-wielding masked robbers in late night raid on Dele Alli's home - as security experts warns Premier League football stars to stop showing off their expensive bling on social media
- Coronavirus live updates: Ousted vaccine director warns of ‘darkest winter in modern history’
Shocking moment Uber driver armed with pole and passenger trade blows in brutal street fight in central London have 924 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 14, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.