Call The Midwife returned to our screens last week for its sixth series. It started with a bang, with viewers in shock over graphic domestic violence scenes AND swearing – despite airing before the 9pm watershed. And the cast of the BBC drama have now teased viewers can expect to see “a surprising amount of nudity” on top of that, while talking to Radio Times. They also addressed Miranda Hart ’s abandoned return as Chummy for the current series which forced Heidi Thomas to re-write the show. But the cast insisted it hadn’t caused too many problems. Speaking to the Radio Times , Emerald Fennell, who plays nurse Patsy Mount, said: “Heidi is so brilliant that any changes she makes are always seamless.” Helen George added: “The great thing about our producers and writers is that they always leave it open for all of us.” The Strictly star also confessed the whole cast missed having Miranda on set. The first episode followed the heartbreaking story of Trudy [Pearl Appleby, who is heavily pregnant and her abusive husband Lester [James Farrar]. Following his release from prison, he returned home to his pregnant wife and their son Mickey – who had an… Read full this story
- ‘Maudie’ Director Aisling Walsh Reveals How She Tempted Oscar-Winner Glenda Jackson Back To Screen In BBC Drama ‘Elizabeth Is Missing’
- Bodyguard’s Keeley Hawes lifts the lid on the secrets of last year’s top BBC drama
- When is Call the Midwife on BBC 1 tonight and who’s in the season 8 finale cast?
- Where is Call The Midwife filmed? Locations for BBC series in Chatham Dockyard and Chertsey revealed
- Call The Midwife boss hints that huge character will die insisting ‘You WILL cry’
- Who is in the cast of Bodyguard? Keeley Hawes, Richard Madden, Sophie Rundle, Gina McKee and Vincent Franklin
- I’m A Celeb’s Cliff Parisi fears getting the boot from Call the Midwife too after 2st jungle weight loss
- Call The Midwife’s Helen George confirms show WILL return for series nine and filming for Christmas special will begin in two weeks – after emotional abortion scenes in series eight finale
- Christmas Day TV 2019: ITV and BBC to battle it out as full line-ups revealed
- How many TV Bafta nominations does Bodyguard have, is there a series 2 and who’s in the cast with Keeley Hawes and Richard Madden?
Call The Midwife cast tease 'surprising amount of nudity' in series six of BBC drama have 387 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 29, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.