(CW) Parkwood Entertainment; Christopher Polk/Getty Images; Kris Connor/FilmMagic; Alice OíMalley; Adela Loconte/WireImage; Reto Sterchi; Michael Kovac/Getty Images Rihanna and Frank Ocean finally dropped heavily-anticipated releases; newcomers like Kaytranada and Mitski were breaths of fresh air; veterans like Paul Simon and A Tribe Called Quest proved they’re still making vital music well into their careers; and towering greats like Leonard Cohen and David Bowie bid farewell with some of their best records. But, of course, no one blew the roof off in 2016 quite like Beyoncé. Below, EW’s list of the 50 Best Albums of 2016, and to hear all these albums in one place, subscribe to EW’s playlist. 50. RMX RBN OK: It’s not technically an album. Swedish dance-pop queen Robyn spent much of 2016 by asking her favorite producers to remix some of her most beloved material, handily available as a Spotify playlist. Still, the results were as if she released a set of entirely new material. The French DJ Joakim took “With Every Heartbeat”’s thumping disco energy and turned it into a weeper of a ballad; the Chicago producer The Black Madonna added even more Giorgio Moroder-style panache to “Indestructible”; and Robyn’s own 2014 collaboration with the songwriter-producer… Read full this story
- Here are 20 albums we can’t wait to hear in April
- FKA Twigs showcases her pole dancing skills as she teases tracks from her new album in Seattle
- Here are the best Dolby Atmos movies for your home theater
- BTS Score Top 10 Debut on Billboard 200 With 'Love Yourself: Her' Album
- Beyonce Earns Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Lemonade'
- Ukrainian Metal Band Jinjer Delivers on Its Promise With New Album 'Macro'
- Florida Georgia Line Top Their Own Record With $50 Million Tour
- A History Of 'Sesame Street,' Spanning 50 Years, On Billboard's Charts
- Who is Harry Judd? McFly drummer, Rip It Up star, Strictly winner and dad of two with his wife Izzy
- HT Brunch Cover Story: Why Prateek Kuhad is the King of Heartbreak among millennials in India and abroad
The 50 best albums of 2016 have 331 words, post on ew.com at December 9, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.