A month ago, Tesla announced that they are on their way to provide fully self-driving cars soon. Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that they are producing various types of models with built in hardware that could make them fully autonomous.
Cars including Model X, Model S and future Model 3 will be built with new hardware that could make them become a fully self-driving car according to Business Insider. The car sounds impressive with its unique style of self driving, but what’s even cooler is that people can get to see what the car sees when it plots a course through different areas and drops off a person along for the ride at any destination without any human intervention.
Tesla’s self driving car is equipped with three on board camera perspectives aside from the first person view. The car has the ability to identify road signs, objects in its path or lane and lights. Even though the autopilot feature is in beta, it is still an out of the box idea which makes it a lot easier to park for drivers who have trouble parking.
Tesla believes that their self driving cars can be much safer to drive than humans grabbing the wheel. With this thought, Tesla has announced that all the coming vehicles will have a hardware installed necessary for autopilot capabilities.
The self driving car will include eight cameras in a 360 degree giving full view of the car reaching 250 meters away, with an updated 12 ultrasonic sensors to detect objects around it according to Telegraph. It will also have radar that faces forward and can see through heavy rain and fog. Not to mention, it will have a highly intelligent computer capable of absorbing all the data from those apparatuses which are much more powerful than its predecessors.
Elon Musk tweeted that the company will be releasing a video soon showing a full autonomous mode demonstration of a vehicle driving through Los Angeles to New York with a distance of 3,000 miles by the end of next year.
- Toyota to invest $500m in Uber in driverless car deal
- Vietnam’s first driver less car gets the green light
- Latest annual Looking Further with Ford Trends Report released
- Mercedes joins forces with Bosch to develop self-driving taxis
- Uber must return stolen Waymo files, can continue self-driving work: U.S. judge
- FPT Software’s driver-less car gets the green light
- Vietnam’s first driver-less car gets the green light
- China, Europe drive shift to electric cars as U.S. lags
- Samsung to invest billions in new tech to drive fresh growth
- Elon Musk's latest outburst raises doubts on leadership
- UK plans to remove insurance barriers for self-driving cars
- Uber removes self-driving cars from San Francisco roads
- U.S. may seek power to pre-approve self-driving car technology
- Ford plans self-driving car for ride share fleets in 2021
- Google's self-driving cars to hit roads, with steering wheels
- Ford will expand self-driving test car fleet to 30
- Google introduces driverless prototype cars it designed
- Google says it bears ‘some responsibility’ after self-driving car hit bus
- Drink-driving kills. Don’t be a killer
- Self-driving bus with no back-up driver nears California street
Tesla Self Driving Car Latest News & Updates: See What Elon Musk's Self-Driving Cars See On The Road have 508 words, post on www.gamenguide.com at November 22, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.