Most people I know think that I’m crazy – but anybody who actually knew Billy Thorpe didn’t think that. When I was a young kid growing up in Adelaide he was a big pop star – a well-dressed, nice young guy seen on television every week. Mums liked him. He was one of the biggest stars in the country and he moved to Australia from Britain just like I did. Sitting there watching him sing on the telly, I wondered what it would feel like to be that lucky. But back then it seemed luck was never on my side. I was just dreaming. The next time I saw him he had changed. In just a couple of years he had thrown away the nice suits, grown his hair and turned into the loudest and hardest rocking singer in the country. This time I knew it had nothing to do with luck; he had taken life by the throat and was squeezing everything he could out of it. This was what I wanted to do. Fuck luck, I was going to shape my own destiny just like Billy. I used to sneak into the Octagon, the local dance hall in… Read full this story
- Without this Louisville DJ, we wouldn't have Billy Ray or Miley Cyrus
- Jimmy Kimmel shares update on baby son with adorable photo
- Jimmy Eat World make Rolling Stone emo list with two albums Jim Adkins says he wouldn't consider emo
- Jimmy Kimmel's son: What is Tetralogy of Fallot?
- Emotional Jimmy Kimmel discusses baby son's heart surgery
- Jimmy Kimmel roasts Republican senator over health care. He 'lied right to my face.'
- FBI wraps up latest failed search for Jimmy Hoffa’s body
- Billy Idol pens a memoir, 'Dancing With Myself,' that details all the excesses of his rock stardom
- Little Jimmy Dickens dead at 94: Singer-songwriter was oldest cast member of Grand Ole Opry
- Hurricane Sandy benefit concert features emotional performances from Bruce Springsteen, Christina Aguilera and Billy Joel
Jimmy Barnes: I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for Billy Thorpe have 333 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 7, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.