Ward-level units puzzled by road use fee
By Anh Quan – The Saigon Times Daily
HCMC – From January 1, 2013, road use fee for motorbikes will be collected by grassroots administrative units, but so far the ward-level authorities in HCMC have yet to receive any specific guideline from the upper level.
As per a circular on road use fee collection and management compiled by the Ministry of Finance, motorbike owners will have to pay VND50,000-150,000 per year depending on the vehicle types.
The specific fees will be set by the local people’s councils. However, at local people’s council meetings in early this month, this issue was not mentioned.
At a conference on road use fee implementation in the southern region on December 19, Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Hong Truong said that if local people’s councils had not decided the specific fees, the minimum fees should be temporarily applied.
In particular, motorbikes with engine capacities of below 100cc are charged VND50,000, while those of over 100cc are subject to a fee of VND100,000.
Owners of motorbikes bought before January 1, 2013 will have to make fee payments for the whole next year. Those buying motorcycles in the first half of 2013 will pay fees for the second haft, while those buying in the second half will make payments in the following year.
Vo Truong Binh, chairman of Son Ky Ward of Tan Phu District, said his ward as well as the others had not received any document regarding road use fee collection from higher authorities.
Meanwhile, Pham Thanh Kien, vice chairman of District 1, said he had not received any guideline from the HCMC Department of Transport or the municipal government. Therefore, he could not instruct the lower units to implement the scheme.
Duong Hong Thanh, deputy director of the city’s transport department, said his agency had to make report to the HCMC government on establishment of the local fund council. When the council is formed, specific guidelines will be released.
Another question is whether owners or users of motorbikes that have yet to change entitlements are to pay road use fee. At the conference on December 19, the finance ministry said that because this fee is a service use fee, it must be paid by the users.
- Dayton, other Minnesota cities trying to cope with court ruling limiting road improvement fees
- USDA Forest Service and BLM announce 2019 grazing fees
- In the Ward 10 city council race, infrastructure takes center stage
- Road to Recovery: Drugs took their children, but not their hope that others might be saved
- The Best Travel Apps to use in 2019
- Nebraska could raise registration fees on electric vehicles
- As coastal Alabama grapples with toll roads, officials fret about ‘toll avoidance’
- Evers budget: Split on gas tax, markup law show tough path on roads
- I almost never use my debit card outside of ATMs for 2 important reasons
- Schools, pool, roads and fire protection on April ballot in DuPage County
- Tremont project The Tappan would include apartments, first-floor bakery on Scranton Road
- On the Road Review: BMW X4 xDrive30i
- Global LED Road Lamp Market Analysis, Growth Opportunities in 2019 and Forecast up to 2025
- Take Me Home Country Roads: A Trip Through Appalachia
- Parma Heights Police Department creates new Auxiliary Unit
- On the Road Review: Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
- Morgantown natives Redmond, Harshbarger look to represent city’s 6th Ward
- Tom Brady uses this brain exercise to excel on the field. It can also be your secret weapon to fight Alzheimer’s.
- Write-in candidates looking to fill 3rd Ward seat on Morgantown Council
- Clearwater to buy historic North Ward Elementary School for revitalization project
Ward-level units puzzled by road use fee have 592 words, post on at October 25, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.