Sir Roy Strong reveals tragic path his brother’s life took, while he knows royalty He gave a compellingly waspish account of the Royal Family and its foibles last week. Now, in the second and final extract of his masterful new diaries, Sir Roy Strong – art historian, landscape gardener and pillar of the Establishment – reveals the truth about his feckless drug-smuggler brother, shows a withering disdain for the ‘ghastly’ Tony Blair and recalls a most unhappy encounter with the late TV chef Clarissa Dickson Wright… AN AWFUL FAMILY A ugust 28, 1997 My brother Brian Strong died of a heart attack on August 18; this is written ten days later. But what can I write? It was like when my father died, only worse. There was nothing I could do and I felt nothing, just that a chapter was finally closed that had already ended with me 15 years ago. Why is it that virtually everything to do with the Strong family has always to be so utterly awful, so humiliating, so haunting? Why aren’t there those normal family relationships of joy and love, turbulence and tranquillity? I can’t answer that. It had been worse for Derek (my eldest… Read full this story
- Dutch drug smugglers up to no gouda! Two men are jailed for more than 11 years for trying to sneak in more than £5million worth of cannabis hidden in a lorry of grated pizza cheese
- Hitching with Drug Smugglers in Mexico
- The Mule Trailer: Clint Eastwood Returns as a Drug Smuggler
- Movie review: Clint Eastwood takes fascinating journey as a drug smuggler in 'The Mule'
- Star Wars Bits: The Russo Brothers Want to Direct a 'Star Wars' Movie, Fantastic Fan Art, and a Whole Bunch of New Toys – /Film
- Dubai a 'transit hub' for drug smugglers as Italy arrests two
- Movie review: 'Divide and Conquer' documentary paints sad portrait of Fox's Roger Ailes
- Harmony Hammond’s Art Is Bold and Prickly as Ever
- Multiple personalities create a new dimension of art
- Who is Ryan Thomas, is he in Neighbours, who are his brothers, what’s his net worth and does he have a girlfriend?
My brother the drug smuggler: Sir Roy Strong paints a devastating portrait of how he grew up to be an arts grandee and friend of royalty while his cheeky sibling became a junkie and a jailbird have 353 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 23, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.