The rapper-designer stopped mid-performance on the night of his wife’s ordeal
Kanye West returned to the stage in Chicago on Friday night less than a week after his family suffered a horrific ordeal.
In his first public appearance since Kim Kardashian West was robbed of nearly $11 million at gunpoint during Paris Fashion Week West did not address the tragic incident at the show. But made sure to say, "It's good to be home," to the crowd in his hometown.
In videos captured by fans, West, 39, had his fans jumping and singing along to his latest songs and best throwbacks.
During his concert on Sunday night in New York City, West learned of his wife's ordeal and immediately stopped the show .
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Family emergency, I have to stop the show," West told fans.
West's tour continued Friday after he took a break from his tour schedule to link up with his family in New York City. The couple's children, North , 3, and Saint , 10 months, were not involved in the incident, PEOPLE confirmed. And while his wife and kids recently returned safely to their home in Los Angeles , West's sold-out Saint Pablo tour isn't over until Nov. 1.
Leading up to his show, a source close to the rapper-designer said he was in good spirits.
"He's taking everything in stride," the source told PEOPLE on Friday, adding that after all of the drama: "He's in a positive head space."
The source also predicted that he would not address the robbery or his family during the show.
"Usually there's a moment in the show, where he breaks it down with just a piano and does his little stream-of-consciousness thing," explained the source. "I wouldn't be surprised if something was coming. He might turn around and not ever address it or he might address it tonight. You just never know because he doesn't plan things like that."
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West quietly purchase an almost $3M home with equestrian facilities near their $60 Hidden Hills mansion
- Khloe Kardashian's ex Lamar Odom follows in Kanye West's footsteps as he says he has been 'saved' after 2015 overdose: 'I had to show Jesus my appreciation for keeping me alive!'
- Watch: Kanye West, son throw out first pitch at White Sox game
- Kanye West Meets with Jim Brown After NFL Great Endorses Trump Re-Election
- The reviews are in on Kanye West’s new album, here’s what fans had to say
- Kanye West threw out a first pitch and yeah it wasn't that great but who cares
- Josh Norman on Twitter spat: I went to the Kanye West sunken place
- Kanye West tweets he'll be 'adding basketball' to his Yeezy sneaker line
- Why Kanye West's Yeezy basketball shoes would reportedly be banned by the NBA
- Championship match reports: West Brom stunned at home, Swansea leave it late and Middlesbrough held
- Kayne West Meets with Jim Brown After NFL Great Endorses Trump Re-Election
- June entertainment planner: 'Jurassic World,' 'Sense8' and Kanye bring the summer heat
- No. 12 West Virginia holds off second-half rally by No. 25 Texas Tech
- Fabian Balbuena says struggling West Ham must eradicate cheap losses of possession
- Kim Kardashian says 1-year-old daughter, Chicago, had to be edited into family's Halloween photo
- J.J. Hickson arrested on armed robbery charges
- Sharvin heads the home challenge as Kim sets pace
- NBA legend Dennis Rodman says Kim Jong-un "more like a big kid"
- Steve Jobs Makes Good — EMI Music Now DRM-Free
- Michael Conlan right at home as the centre of attention
Kanye West's First Show Since Kim's Robbery: 'It's Good To Be Home' have 650 words, post on people.com at October 8, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.