Donald Trump threw a head-fake at the nation on Thursday, stopping short of saying he will concede the November election to Hillary Clinton if he doesn’t emerge victorious. ‘I want to make a major announcement today,’ he began his speech at a campaign rally in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. ‘I would like to promise and pledge to all my voters and supporters, and to all the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election – if I win.’ Applause rang out as Trump fans let out a sigh of relief at the sound of their hero sticking to his guns. SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO Double down: Donald Trump used a rally in the swing state of Ohio to promise to accept the election result – with a crucial caveat: ‘If I win.’ Cheered: The crowd at the Delaware, Ohio, rally was ecstatic as Trump refused to back down on the results and said: ‘We want fairness.’ Trump generated countless headlines, and condemnation from Democrats, for saying in Wednesday’s final presidential debate that he would take a wait-and-see approach to accepting the election result doesn’t go his way. On… Read full this story
- All the lies Donald Trump told in his election night infomercial
- Donald Trump says ‘walls work’ as he declares national emergency to bank roll his $5.75billion barrier
- Donald Trump says he's not a feminist to the surprise of absolutely no one
- Donald Trump says fictional F-52 jets found only in Call of Duty have been sold to Norway
- Robert De Niro re-ignites feud with Trump, says would 'never like to meet this New Yorker'
- Trump Says US Will Pull Out of Intermediate-Range Nuke Pact
- The Latest: Trump says big tech can't be allowed to censor
- The Latest: Trump says he won't stop fighting opioid crisis
- Trump Says US, Mexico Reach Agreement to Prevent Tariffs
- President Trump Says 'I Don't Trust Some Computer to Drive Me Around' According to New Report
Donald doubles down: Trump says he WILL 'totally accept' election results - if HE wins! have 334 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 20, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.