Book honors 4,000 martyrs of 81-day battle
For the first time a list of more than 4,000 martyrs from the 81-day battle in 1972, during the American war in Vietnam, was published in the book ‘The Legend of ancient Quang Tri Citadel,’ reports VnExpress.
The citadel was a military bastion and administrative head office of the Nguyen Dynasty in Quang Tri Province and the 81-day battle made the citadel famous throughout the world.
On Sunday evening, at the remains of the ancient citadel, a ceremony was held to express the people’s gratitude and to honor the fallen warriors and respectfully offered the book to the souls of heroic martyrs resting there forever. Also on Sunday morning at Thach Han River there was a mass for peace with the participation of 500 war veterans, 100 families, relatives of martyrs and many local people.
Not only containing a list of martyrs, this book also recreates the glorious history of the battle through memoirs, photos and poems by Vietnam revolutionary soldiers involved in the battle.
The book is 100 x 70 cm in size and weighs 120 kg and is the biggest book listing martyrs fighting for the independence and freedom of the country.
The book will be kept in the museum of ancient Quang Tri Citadel. 10,000 small copies of the book have also been printed and given to families of martyrs and veterans from the battle.
‘The Legend of ancient Quang Tri Citadel’ belongs to the cultural project ‘Drink the water, remember the source’, which is a non-profit publishing project implemented by the Center of Information and Communications for the Development of the Environment – the media agency of the Union of Science and Technology Associations in Hanoi.
This is the seventh book in the ‘Legends of Vietnam’ series. The other titles are: ‘The Legend of Dien Bien’, ‘The Legend of Truong Son’, ‘The Legend of Phu Quoc’, ‘The Legend of U Minh’, ‘The Legend of Con Dao’ and ‘The Legend of Vietnamese voluntary youth’.
- Top 10 books about space travel
- Garry Marshall Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Creator & ‘Pretty Woman’ Helmer Was 81
- 'Say her name': John Legend, Kim Kardashian and fellow celebs honor Breonna Taylor on what would have been her 27th birthday
- Honor 9A to launch on June 23 globally
- MTV VMAs dedicate the show to Chadwick Boseman just days after his death from colon cancer and call him a 'true hero' in touching tribute
- George Saunders’s 10 Favorite Books
- Significance Of The Ashura Day
- The World War I Battle That Turned Into a Suicide Mission
- Chadwick Boseman seemingly hinted at his private battle with cancer in 2017 interview: 'One day I'll live to tell the story'
- Marvel honors Chadwick Boseman with an emotional tribute video to the Black Panther star: 'You will always be our King'
- Grandma’s On Your Side With $4,000 In Prize Money This Labor Day!
- Chadwick Boseman will be honored in his native Anderson, South Carolina with public memorial
- A firefighter loses his home while battling the California wildfires
- Amanda Kloots honors late husband Nick Cordero on two-month anniversary of his tragic passing...and announces virtual memorial
- Bitter £3m legal battle between Elton John and ex-wife Renate Blauel grows MORE poisonous as she blasts him for 'issuing baseless slurs' and 'forcing her to reveal aspects of her private life' -after he said she was a money-grabber
- The 17th-century LinkedIn: Diplomat's stunning 'autograph book' that included endorsements from leading figures - much like the modern networking site - sells for £2.5million
- The best free Kindle books on Amazon Prime
- Teachers Day Quotes: 20 quotes by famous authors that truely describe importance of teachers in our life
- Now Jeremy Corbyn's wife Laura Alvarez hints at book that 'tells the actual truth' after release of excerpts from new tell-all story on ex-Labour leadership
- The Clinton Foundation’s Behind-the-Scenes Battle With a Charity Watchdog Group
Book honors 4,000 martyrs of 81-day battle have 636 words, post on at October 27, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.