A CONVICTED murderer jailed for life after butchering a young woman slaughtered a second victim and buried her naked body in a field, a court heard yesterday.
Christopher Halliwell asked cops if they would like “another one” after being arrested for Sian O’Callaghan’s murder in 2011, and is now on trial over the killing of Rebecca Godden who went missing in 2003.
Ms O’Callaghan, of Swindon, Wilts, was abducted and stabbed in the neck by Halliwell as she walked home from a nightclub in March 2011, a court heard.
Former taxi driver Halliwell, 52, was arrested after her body was discovered in a field in Lechlade-on-Thames, Glos.
He told officers he was a “sick f*****r” and “is it too late to get help?”.
The murderer then said “another one?” in reference to showing them a second dead body.
In exchange for a cigarette Halliwell then led officers to the “exact spot” where he had buried his second victim between 2003 and 2005.
The “skeletal remains” of Becky Godden were then recovered from the field in Eastleach, Glos, and Halliwell was charged with her murder.
Despite leading cops to a body in the Eastlech field and admitting killing a woman, Halliwell denies murdering Ms Godden.
He did however tell cops he taken a girl from Swindon between 2003 and 2005 and “had sex with her and then strangled her”.
He was jailed for life, with a minimum of 25 years, over the killing of Ms O’Callaghan and now faces a four-week trial for over the death of Ms Godden.
Prosecutor Nicholas Haggan QC told the court that “there is no doubt of any sort” that Halliwell murdered Becky Godden.
The court heard that Becky led a “chaotic” life as a sex worker and drug user and only had “sporadic” contact with her parents.
She was not reported missing until “some years” after her death, the court heard.
She was last seen in January 2003 standing outside Destiny and Desire nightclub in Swindon, Wilts, with friends.
Prosecuting, Mr Haggan, said: “As they stood outside the nightclub together, talking and smoking a cigarette, a taxi pulled up.
“Becky approached the taxi on two occasions and she spoke to the driver.
“On the second occasion, an argument developed between Becky and the taxi driver.
“A short time later, Becky told her friends that she was leaving. She went back to the taxi and got into the rear of the vehicle.
“The vehicle then drove away.”
But in 2011, police began investigating the murder of office worker Sian O’Callaghan, who disappeared on March 18.
She was reported missing by her boyfriend, Kevin Reape, after she failed to return home from a night out drinking with pals, the court heard.
Prosecuting, Mr Haggan, said: “Ms O’Callaghan’s semi-naked body was found a few days after she disappeared.
“It was found concealed by undergrowth in a remote rural location, not a great distance from where Rebecca’s body had been buried.”
The trial continues.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368
- 3 ways stories of taxi driver, Caloocan cops clash
- It Wasn’t Violent Taxi Drivers Or A Bomb Attack, But An Angry Husband’s Bitter Revenge
- US couple jailed over ‘sadistic’ Bali suitcase murder
- Corrections officers say they don't understand why no one has been charged with Whitey Bulger's murder, one year after the Boston mobster was beaten to death with a lock in a sock in prison
- Couple Who Murdered, Stuffed Mom Inside Suitcase Could Face Death By Firing Squad
- Husband, 56, who murdered pregnant wife, 34, after she discovered his affair with 15-year-old girl two decades ago is jailed for at least 20 years - but STILL refuses to reveal where he hid body
- Carl planned to rob cab driver – Kulot’s mom
- German cop to go on trial over cannibalism website killing
- Attackers in India rape case to face murder charge
- British millionaire on trial for wife’s murder in Cape Town
- Taxi terrors
- Reynaldo de Guzman’s parents identified him through ‘body marks’–Acosta
- ‘Making a Murderer’ has something in common with the most notorious case of the ’90s
- Shock, sadness over murder of ‘utusan ng bayan’
- Postmortem exam on Arnaiz’s body showed he was tortured like Kian
- Mom to missing boy, 14: Come home
- [NEW UPDATE] Miss Philippines Crowned Miss World 2013 Amid Protests
- Mob Burns Alive A 16-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Involved In The Murder Of A 68-Year-Old Man
- Kulot's parents file murder, torture raps vs Caloocan police
- Guatemalans use portraits, museum to seek missing
Taxi driver on trial ‘admitted murdering missing young woman and took officers to where he buried her body’ have 746 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 6, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.