Billions of dollars in research operations, more than 1000 developers, mysterious workshops – the Apple iCar looks set to revolutionise personal mobility, bringing with it technologies that promise to alter the way we have traditionally used and perceived the car. Behind a heavy veil of secrecy, the Apple iCar has now progressed to what insiders describe as committed project status. Autocar outlines the electric car every established automotive manufacturer secretly fears. Recommended: McLaren denies holding talks with tech giant Apple Behind the pre-fabricated aluminium façade of a large building at the rear of an industrial estate in Sunnyvale, California, USA, work is progressing on what could possibly be the most significant car to emerge since Karl Benz’s ground breaking Benz Patent-Motorwagen first introduced the world to the motorised carriage 130 years ago. The nondescript factory unit, located at 960 Kifer Road, houses an electric car workshop run by Apple – the US-based electronics giant whose iconic products have revolutionised the way we work, use our free time and converse with one another on a day-to-day basis. Known simply to Apple employees as SG6, the otherwise unremarkable building has been the subject of intense speculation since Sunnyvale city council documents revealed a… Read full this story
- New patents reveals Apple may be working on 'smart clothing' that is capable of tracking blood pressure and respiration
- Michelle Visage young: How old is Strictly Come Dancing Star? Throwback images revealed
- South Korea plans to test FLYING CARS as soon as 2025 as it announces £1.1billion investment in self-driving vehicles
- Retirement and me: Man reveals struggle as he explains ‘I've no intention of retirement'
- Dyson is canceling its ambitious electric car project
- Google Stadia vs. Apple Arcade game services: Everything we know
- Facebook reveals digital currency details
- Scientific management channels to accelerate the development of the industry
- Corbyn and Sanders vow to crack down on fossil fuel firms
- Apple App Store model is also worth considering
Revealed: Apple’s ambitious plan to crack the automotive industry with its iCar have 309 words, post on www.autocarpro.in at September 22, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.