News broke early Friday morning that every British adult could be in line for a payout worth hundreds thanks to a lawsuit against MasterCard. “MasterCard charged billions of pounds of unlawfully high fees for its sole benefit and to the detriment of consumers,” said former financial services ombudsman Walter Merricks – who filed a class action lawsuit against the company. MasterCard “firmly disagrees” with the basis of the claim, the company said. The original claim in July worked out at £450 each, but when lawyers filed the case at the Competition Appeal Tribunal the amount they were asking for dropped – roughly equating to £300 per person. But what’s happening, why now and who could be in line for a payout? We take a look. Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will auto-play soon8Cancel Play now Who gets the cash if the case succeeds? You do (as long as you’re over 18). Yes. Really. It doesn’t matter whether you used a MasterCard, credit card, or anything else. The case is on behalf of everyone in Britain – not just MasterCard customers – who bought anything between 1992 and 2008. How you get the money… Read full this story
- Come As You Are And Receive
- 3 Prepaid Reloadable Mastercard Choices
- The Beauty of MasterCard
- Reasons to Use a Reloadable Mastercard
- Prepaid Mastercard For Your Teen
- Blu-ray Players - Movies and Home Theater - All You Need to Know
- How to Choose the Right Bluetooth GPS Receiver
- Prepare For Glory! 300 Spartan Shield Replica!
- How To Receive a Free Credit Report FICO Score Online
- 300 Workout Versus the Bodyweight 500 For Fat Loss
Now EVERYONE could receive £300 from MasterCard - even if you've never had one: Everything you need to know have 262 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 9, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.