FITNESS sensation JOE WICKS has found fame and fortune shouting about his healthy recipes on Instagram.
But until now he’s kept quiet about his role in the most impressive celebrity body transformation of the past few years.
Taking over Bizarre TV for the day, Joe confessed that he has a secret superfan in SAM SMITH, who turned to his Lean in 15 books for recipes and workout tips during a fitness kick that saw him drop an incredible three stone at the beginning of last year.
Speaking ahead of his first solo TV show Joe Wicks: The Body Coach, he revealed: “I’ve never trained a celebrity. But I do have people that follow me on Twitter and Instagram.
“Sam Smith sent me a nice message. I didn’t realise he followed me, but he sent a message saying, ‘I’ve just read your book, congratulations, it’s brilliant’.
“It was nice that he reached out and it’s good to know he’s got the book. It’s cool.
“He came out of nowhere with all the weight loss. He obviously trained really hard and he’s kept it off, so he’s much healthier now, which is great.”
Sam, who managed to lose a stone in just two weeks, has publicly credited his new slim figure to celebland’s favourite nutritionist Amelia Freer, who bans gluten, sugar and processed foods. But this is the first time Joe’s influence has been acknowledged.
Despite being proud of Sam, Joe warned that is dangerous for the average joe to obsess over celebrities with ultra-ripped physiques.
He said: “It’s amazing what these actors do, people like BRAD PITT, CHRISTIAN BALE, HUGH JACKMAN and JASON STATHAM.
“But they train hard. I suppose if you’re dedicating six months of your life to getting in shape for a role you can do some amazing stuff.
“It’s unobtainable if you work a normal job. If you’ve been told to put on some muscle for a film, you’re going to do it if you’re getting paid £10million.
“You can’t compare yourself to other people, because some of these transformations are outrageous.”
Joe, who went from a down on his luck personal trainer to almost 12 million social media followers in five years, isn’t a fan of pushing clients to breaking point — and he promises his show is a lot less cruel than other weight-loss programmes like The Biggest Loser and GILLIAN MCKEITH’s You Are What You Eat.
He said: “They’re shouty and make people feel a bit ashamed and guilty. I guarantee those people haven’t learnt anything and are going to regain all the weight. I would never talk to people like that.
You can’t go to people, ‘You’re fat’ and blame them.”
Now Joe is hoping viewers of his show are just as kind to him.
He said: “People choose to follow you on social media, but when you get put on TV and people don’t want to see you, that’s when the trolls and the negative stuff will come out. I have to be prepared for that.”
Having seen Joe in the flesh, I wouldn’t recommend starting a fight with him.
JOE first graced the pages of The Sun eight years ago – long before finding fame as a fitness guru.
He made his debut when he entered a Sun contest to find the next big male model and made the final, far right, stripping off along- side other high-street wannabes.
He said: “I was 22 and it was around the time that builder went out with JENNIFER ANISTON. It was like, ‘If this builder can get Jen, let’s find the next hot one’.
“I was in the top six but was a bit scrawny.
“It was a cringe photo.”
Have to wonder what became of the other finalists . . .
AS a fitness fanatic and champion of clean eating, you would expect Joe to be one of the only people in the country not charmed by The Great British Bake Off.
But The Body Coach has admitted that not even he can resist the lure of MARY BERRY and a whole load of calorific cakes. He said: “It’s my favourite show on TV, without a doubt. I love it.
“God, Mary Berry is amazing.
“She’s so funny and lovely and she dresses cool as well. I hope one day Mary and I will cross paths.
“I’m not saying that you shouldn’t eat cake – just have a slice every now and again, not every day.
“It’s all fun getting people cooking and baking, nothing wrong with that.
“But I know if I competed with Bake Off, I’d never win.”
I can’t imagine PAUL HOLLYWOOD, Mary’s fellow judge, being as complimentary about Joe’s spinach and wheatgrass smoothies.
JOE’s dedication to diet and exercise has resulted in not just his muscles growing – but his bank balance too.
After releasing the fastest-selling recipe book ever – breaking DELIA SMITH’s 2008 record – he’s made enough money to start treating the people he loves to more than just delicious dinners.
Joe revealed to me that he recently delighted his mum Raquela – who helps adults get back into education, after leaving school herself aged 15 – by buying her a house.
He said: “The biggest change is I have more freedom to do nice stuff.
“In the space of a year I’ve been able to buy my mum a house and that’s just incredible. It’s one of those things you dream of doing.
“Now she ain’t got the stress or the worry of having to pay the rent.”
But Joe’s success has had a negative impact on his personal life.
I revealed in May that he parted ways with Swedish girlfriend Caroline, who he’d been dating for 11 years, after struggling with his hectic schedule.
Now Joe has confirmed that he had to sacrifice the relationship because it was holding back his career.
He said: “I’m so busy and I’m just having fun enjoying this time of my life and not having the pressure of trying to keep someone else happy.”
Got a story? Email [email protected] or call us direct on 0207 782 4037
- Joe Wicks reveals he’s broken his hand – but STILL giving free PE lessons to kids on his Youtube channel
- The Body Coach star Joe Wicks reveals he is donating £80K from his YouTube exercise videos to the NHS... as he admits to feeling anxiety in lockdown
- Joe Wicks plays catch with daughter Indie, 2, and hilariously pranks wife Rosie in sweet video as he celebrates another morning's PE class
- Who is Joe Wicks’ wife Rosie Jones?
- Joe Wicks’ glamour model wife Rosie Jones shows off trim figure in racy black lingerie
- Sam Smith announces upcoming album will be re-named, release date pushed back and track list updated as they make 'important changes and additions' during coronavirus crisis
- From handing out flyers at tube stations to TV's most in-demand man: The Body Coach star Joe Wicks' transformation from cash-strapped personal trainer to a £14 million internet sensation (and he bagged a glamour model wife in the process!)
- The Body Coach Joe Wicks’ rise from broke personal trainer handing out flyers to £14M star with a glamour model wife
- Body Coach Joe Wicks’ popularity soars as he adds a million viewers to his YouTube channel following his free PE lessons
- The Body Coach star Joe Wicks wears a full arm cast during daily online P.E class following operation on broken hand... and reveals he can't do ANY push-ups
- Joe Wicks has special workouts for seniors as well as kids so everyone can join in the fun
- Joe Wicks made over £5.5m last year – that’s £15,177 a day from his Body Coach workouts online
- Joe Wicks heads to the park with his wife Rosie and their kids as he takes a break from coronavirus lockdown PE lessons
- Joe Wicks heads to hospital to change cast on his hand after energetic PE lesson
- The Body Coach star Joe Wicks' daily isolation P.E lesson is hilariously interrupted by daughter Indie, 2... as she showcases her VERY impressive squats to delighted fans
- 'After we go live, we get lit!' The Body Coach Joe Wicks dances with adorable daughter Indie and son Marley as he celebrates another morning's PE class
- Sam Smith appears lost in music as they enjoy walk with headphones on after announcing they are delaying and re-naming their album due to coronavirus
- Body Coach Joe Wicks announces girlfriend and ex-Page 3 girl Rosie Jones is pregnant
- The Body Coach's Joe Wicks wears face mask and sliders as he goes to hospital to get his cast changed after having his broken hand operated on
- Joe Wicks melts hearts with sweet video of his daddy day with daughter Indie
Joe Wicks reveals all about his new TV show and his secret celeb fan Sam Smith who loves the hunky fitness coach’s tips have 1467 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 28, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.