DOCTORS trying to save the ex-Premier League footballer who died after being tasered by police battled for 35 minutes to resuscitate him, an inquest heard today.Dalian Atkinson died outside his father’s home in Shropshire and was said to be suffering from severe mental health problems in the months before his death. The tormented footie ace allegedly shouted “I am the Messiah” before cops fired at him three times with the taser. Two West Mercia Police officers have been suspended and are subject to a criminal investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) after tragic Atkinson’s death.The senior Coroner for Shropshire John Ellery opened an inquest into Dalian’s death at Shropshire Coroner’s Court today.The ex-Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday star is believed to have had underlying kidney and heart problems, but a post-mortem on August 17 was inconclusive and further tests will now be carried out.The inquest opening heard Atkinson was confirmed dead at the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford at 2.40am on August 15. Tributes poured in the for the footballer after his death.Coroner’s officer Julie Hartridge said: “On August 15 I was informed of the death of Dalian Robert Atkinson at the Princess Royal Hospital.”Dalian Atkinson was a single… Read full this story
- Can you imagine a Star Trek alien that squawks? John Billingsley did
- Hollywood is full of big egos and inflated boobs and lips, Terminator star Linda Hamilton tells BAZ BAMIGBOYE
- Empty Thoughts: Penguins 3, Stars 0
- Empire star Jussie Smollett DENIES he paid two Nigerian brothers $3,500 to attack him in extraordinary statement and says he is 'angered and devastated' by claims he orchestrated the assault
- Empty Thoughts: Penguins 4, Stars 2
- The Web Can Make You a Star!
- Our writer finished the
- How our boy became Supermanu: A cross-dressing brother, three rival rugby-playing siblings, and the threat of deportation from the UK... PAUL BRACCHI looks back at the childhood of England rugby hero Manu Tuilagi
- Posthumously on… : 16 TV characters who died after their performers did
- 'Death truck' driver 'PASSED OUT when he saw bodies of 39 migrants': Shocking new details emerge as it's revealed victims were Chinese and included eight women - as police are given 24 extra hours to quiz driver
Doctors battled for 35 minutes to try to save footie star Dalian Atkinson after he was tasered by cops have 362 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 24, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.