TROUBLED Dalian Atkinson was in meltdown before his taser death, convinced he was dying as football turned its back on him.Close pals of the former Aston Villa star also told The Sun how he was wracked with money worries after efforts to “re- invent” himself as a football agent were met by “rejection by so-called friends” in the game.Dalian died on Monday, aged 48, after police tasered him three times following a disturbance which saw him try to throttle his elderly dad before confronting officers.Friends say he faced daily torment over his kidney and liver problems, with treatment including five-hour dialysis sessions three times a week which left the fitness fanatic feeling permanently “knackered”.The death of his mum in 1999 also weighed heavily.There were even rumours in his home town of Telford, Shropshire, two months ago that Dalian had died after contracting pneumonia.A lifelong friend who went to school with the fallen star said: “He was at his lowest ebb and convinced he was dying. The whole thing was a cry for help that ended in tragedy.“I last saw Dalian over Christmas at his dad’s house. He seemed fine and full of jokes and banter.“He was the larger-than-life Dalian we… Read full this story
- Dalian Atkinson investigation nearing completion
- Mother of 33-year-old Lowestoft man tells inquest she believes his death was ‘wholly preventable’
- Cressida Dick, the first woman to take charge of Scotland Yard, spends a day with The Sun and talks twerking, tasers and terror
- Model who lost leg after ‘flu’ turned out to be toxic shock syndrome reveals she will ‘inevitably’ lose her second
- Model who lost her right leg after ‘flu’ turned out to be toxic shock syndrome reveals she will ‘inevitably’ lose the left one too
- Is a cocktail of ballooning costs, stigmatisation of mental health problems and academic pressure killing our kids?
- Murder, muggings and 12,000 deaths - 65 years on from the Great Smog when pollution paralysed London
- Texas church massacre gunman escaped from a mental health facility and made death threats to colleagues
- The last time K-pop star Jonghyun was seen alive revealed in heartbreaking CCTV footage as fans mourn his tragic death
- Psychotic dad Alan Hawe killed to hide secret shame as details of mental illness revealed
Dalian Atkinson plagued by rejection and health worries before taser death, friends reveal have 373 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 17, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.