UBER drivers are accused of rape or sex attacks on customers nearly three times a month in London.
They were suspects in 32 cases reported by female passengers in the capital across 12 months.
The tap-and-ride app, which now operates in 20 UK cities, claims to be the “safest ride on the road”.
It offers cheaper fares because it is not regulated by fixed prices in the same way as black-cab taxis, but has been dogged by controversy worldwide.
West Yorkshire Police disclosed four reports of serious sex assaults and eight violence incidents.
Meanwhile, the Met in London dealt with 154 allegations involving taxi drivers, including minicabs, private chauffeurs and even rickshaw riders.
Of those, 32 involved Uber drivers — the equivalent of one alleged attack every 11 days.
Uber driver Aliriza Kurt, 42, was jailed for 18 months in January for sexually assaulting a woman in Brixton.
The company yesterday said it takes allegations against drivers “seriously”.
A spokesman added: “Drivers who use Uber have undergone the same enhanced criminal record checks as black-cab drivers, teachers and care workers.”
- Rape Victims Are Not Responsible For The Crime
- London Terrorist Attacks - The Miriam Hyman Memorial Fund and a Tale of Hope
- Sex Offender Treatment - What Works?
- Closet Monster's London Spicoluk
- Sex Outside of Marriage - First of Ten Agendas For Christian Action
- Used Ford Fiesta - This Year's Motor Show King?
- It's Not When It's How
- Stop Child Abuse
- Today In Assange: Olbermann Returns, Naomi Wolf Defends Herself
- Bus Driving - Laughs and Barfs
- The Iraq War - 11 Common Myths
- Police killing of a Walmart 'shoplifter' in 2017 is to be reexamined after the deputy who shot him uses the same explanation to justify shooting a Coast Guard veteran in the back during an arrest over riding an e-scooter
- FSBO: For Sale By Owners Chapter IV [part 1]
- Military Sexual Trauma
- Putting Holy Fire In Your Marriage - Stirring Up Marital Passion - Surprising Biblical Insights Pt 2
- What Does The Eiffel Tower Have To Do With The Media?
- We Were Abused Children - How Do We Recover?
- Are You at Risk for Identity Theft? Learn How to Protect Yourself
- Tour Guides I Have Known
- Parking Your Car at Glasgow Airport
Uber drivers accused of 32 rapes and sex attacks on London passengers in past year have 348 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 18, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.