Cruising home from San Diego in the redesigned 2016 Chevrolet Cruze, my wife and two young children aboard as we returned to the northwestern suburbs of Los Angeles, my fingers were crossed. “C’mon Cruze, you can do it,” I thought, as I coasted down a gentle grade on the last mile before reaching my driveway. “You can hit 30 mpg for an average.” Nope. As we pulled the Red Hot Chevy into our driveway, it’s chin spoiler loudly scraping yet again to announce to all of the neighbors that the Wardlaw family had returned home, the trip computer read 29.9 mpg. To that point, we’d covered more than 451 miles of various driving conditions, and the car hadn’t even hit its EPA-rated city fuel economy estimate of 30 mpg let alone come close to the 35-mpg rating for combined driving. FOLLOW THE DAILY NEWS AUTOS ON FACEBOOK. ‘LIKE’ US HERE! This disappointment, combined with generally somnambulant driving dynamics, a sky-high fully-loaded price tag, and the fact that you can’t get an automatic emergency braking system on this car no matter how much you’re willing to pay, makes it easy to suggest that you might want to test drive your compact… Read full this story
- Chevrolet’s 2016 Cruze sells what young people value most: Lots of mpg, free GBs
- Is the Self-Driving Car Un-American?
- American Truck Simulator review
- Apple 2020 iPad Pro 12.9in review: the best mobile tablet can now get real work done
- 'Stable' Boris Johnson spends another night in hospital: Dominic Raab says the PM is 'a fighter' and is 'breathing unassisted' as he battles coronavirus in intensive care
- The best PS4 games for April 2020
- 2021 Chevy Equinox Caught In The Death Valley
- A Sale Of NASCAR Was Once Unthinkable, But Now It May Be Overdue
- GM’s mid-size truck gambit pays off in performance
- Sir Stirling Moss obituary
Ratings and Review: Redesigned 2016 Chevrolet Cruze likely to bruise in battle for small car supremacy have 302 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 31, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.