Who is he?
Serhat is this year’s Sammarinese Eurovision entry. That means “from San Marino” to anyone unacquainted with the 24 square mile micro-state on the Italian peninsula.
The 51-year-old is actually Turkish, and studied dentistry in Istanbul before hanging up his dental drill and turning to show-business. Since 1994, Serhat has hosted and produced a number of Turkish TV game shows before branching out into music three years later. Being a notable face in his home country will be of little use to him in Eurovision though, as Turkey haven’t competed since 2012.
However, Serhat moved his musical career to France and Germany in 2014, and has since featured in the German DJ charts. He also claims to be the most multi-national of this year’s entrants – perhaps this quality will save him from the dreaded nul points.
What is he performing?
- England made to work hard in 5-0 win over San Marino
- San Marino tourism promotion program in Viet Nam
- Vietnam, San Marino ink tax agreement
- Vietnam, San Marino ink anti-double taxation agreement
- Ambassador presents credential to San Marino leaders
- San Marino keen to cement ties with Vietnam
- Ambassador presents credentials to San Marino leaders
- HCM City vows to support San Marino’s investments
- Vietnam, San Marino establish diplomatic ties
- Vietnam, San Marino share experience in education, culture, youth