Who is he? Serhat is this year’s Sammarinese Eurovision entry. That means “from San Marino” to anyone unacquainted with the 24 square mile micro-state on the Italian peninsula. The 51-year-old is actually Turkish, and studied dentistry in Istanbul before hanging up his dental drill and turning to show-business. Since 1994, Serhat has hosted and produced a number of Turkish TV game shows before branching out into music three years later. Being a notable face in his home country will be of little use to him in Eurovision though, as Turkey haven’t competed since 2012. However, Serhat moved his musical career to France and Germany in 2014, and has since featured in the German DJ charts. He also claims to be the most multi-national of this year’s entrants – perhaps this quality will save him from the dreaded nul points. When is the Eurovision Song Contest final 2016, and does the UK have a chance of winning this year? What is he performing?
- 'Vigil for Humanity' Opposing Family Separations to Be Held Outside of San Fernando Cathedral
- Moscow and St. Petersburg Rank Outside the World’s 50 Most Expensive Cities
- Meet San Francisco’s hot, new music venue August Hall
- Garden events in the San Fernando Valley, LA area, June 9-16
- Rosy housing outlook in Houston in line with LA, San Diego
- Things to do in the San Fernando Valley and LA area, June 1-8
- Garden events in the San Fernando Valley area, June 30-July 7
- Things to do in the San Fernando Valley and the LA area, June 8-15
- Disappointing voter turnout casts shadow over San Francisco election
- Garden events in the San Fernando Valley, LA area, June 1-8
Eurovision 2016's rank outsider: meet San Marino's Serhat have 277 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at May 8, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.