MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The anti-austerity march was organized by the People’s Assembly activist group to rally against cuts to health and social housing benefits, as well as measures destroying the UK education system and attacking workers' rights, The Independent newspaper said.
— spokenwordnerd (@spokenwordnerd) April 16, 2016
The protesters also called on Cameron to resign after it was revealed in the Panama Papers leak that the prime minister had profited from selling his share of his late father's alleged offshore investment fund run from the Bahamas.
— Shelly Asquith (@ShellyAsquith) April 16, 2016
An alleged leak of some 11.5 million documents from Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca in early April implicated Cameron's father in using the company's services to hide taxes. The firm has denied any wrong-doing.
- Resigning as PM may be Boris's final hope - and his best option to deliver Brexit
- Labour civil war 2.0: Union baron Len McCluskey leads hard-left revolt that could SPLIT the party after defiant Jeremy Corbyn was suspended for extraordinary statement dismissing anti-Semitism report
- Ilhan Omar says Trump should resign for downplaying coronavirus
- 10,000 women march to demand that Belarus president resign
- Furious Sir Keir Starmer says Jeremy Corbyn could be EXPELLED from Labour over anti-Semitism row as allies of the ex-leader warn 'he has an army behind him' and Len McCluskey says a 'split party will be doomed to defeat'
- Poland: Protesters stage biggest abortion rights rally yet
- Police Continue to Crackdown on Anti-government Protesters in Minsk
- Thai protesters defy state of emergency with rally in Bangkok
- Mauritians stage biggest anti-government protests in 40 years over oil spill
- Labour Left gears up for war with Starmer: Seven trade unions line up behind Jeremy Corbyn demanding Sir Keir backs down from suspending ex-leader over anti-semitism row to save 'party unity'
- Europe in turmoil: five years of economic crisis
- Farage Slams ‘Draconian’ Lockdown Laws Which He Claims Won’t Be Respected by BLM Protesters
- Rioting protester is set ablaze by his OWN Molotov cocktail in Portland as the city is convulsed by the 100th night of BLM demonstrations and unrest breaks out across the nation
- Russian doctors allow Alexei Navalny's transfer to Germany
- Thailand jails protesters for breach of bail terms
- Poland urges Germany to stop Nord Stream 2
- Nord Stream 2: Poland urges Germany to drop Russia's gas pipeline project
- Bulgaria toes line as US plays Huawei card
- GMB hit with 128 Ofcom complaints after Piers Morgan’s explosive row with coronavirus ‘whackjob’ denier Piers Corbyn
- The Kiwi who went after a war criminal
Over 150,000 Britons Call for Cameron’s Resignation in Anti-Austerity Rally have 422 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 16, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.