Lily Allen has accused police who dealt with her stalking case of “victim shaming and victim blaming“. This week, the 30-year-old appeared on BBC Newsnight to talk about her seven year stalking ordeal, and read out an email she had received from an officer who said the high-profile nature of her claims might discourage other victims from coming forward.The Observer, during which Lily spoke for the first time about her ordeal at the hands of stranger Alex Gray, which began on social media and ended up with him breaking into her bedroom while she slept.
Lily Allen has accused the Met Police of “victim shaming”
The mum-of-two told the newspaper that the police had made her “feel like a nuisance, rather than a victim“, and revealed that they asked her to give back the panic alarm they have lent her after just a few months.Newsnight, Lily said that after the interview was published she received an email from a police officer wanting to “understand what – if anything – went wrong during the investigation”, and also suggesting that her response would dissuade others from reporting stalkers.
The mum-of-two opened up about her ordeal on BBC Newsnight
It read: “As you know there have been press reports suggesting you were dissatisfied with the response you received. Further, due to the high profile of this matter, I fear other victims of similar crimes have read the story and now may not have the confidence in us to support such matters.at the heart of any investigation into such allegations and kept informed of developments as this work progresses,” he said.
Lily said she had been stalked by Alex Gray for seven years
Mr Gray was convicted of burglary and harassment at Harrow Crown Court earlier this month and is now awaiting sentencing.I’m not in the slightest bit angry with Alex Gray. I could see from the minute he came into my bedroom that he was ill and that he needed help,” she said.
- Haryana Police Solves Punjab Businessman's Murder Case; Key Accused Police Constable Arrested
- Disha App helps police nab online stalker
- Scott Morrison accused of 'victim-blaming' by adviser who claims she was raped in Australia's parliament
- Raj Kundra Pornography Case: Mumbai Police Transfers Gehana Vasisth’s Case To Property Cell
- NCW seeks police protection for Tehelka journalist
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee Speaks up for Minor Victim in Pearl V Puri Case
- Ex-Cuomo Aide Who Accused Him of Sexual Harassment Reportedly to Sue NY Governor, His Inner Circle
- Seven more top athletes accuse Tamil Nadu coach of abuse, going back years
- Suspect's DNA matches samples in Maham's rape, murder case
- Cyber Crime Case: Raj Kundra Files Anticipatory Bail Application; Sherlyn Chopra Records Statement
- Night Stalker Netflix: Who was the Hillside Strangler?
- The Pembrokeshire Murders: What worried Keith Allen about playing killer John Cooper?
- Unnao rape victim alleges confinement; accused MLA's wife seeks narco test
- Night Stalker The Hunt For a Serial Killer release date: When is it out on Netflix?
- Netflix Night Stalker killer's chilling advert 'hid disturbing murder spree from public'
- Lafayette millionaire takes plea deal in 2017 kidnapping case of estranged wife
- Kerala: Stalker kills dental student, self
- Dalit Minor Rape:Oppn Targets Shah Over Law and Order; DCW Orders Inquiry; Police Say Strict Action Taken Against Accused
- Police in China Detain Canadian Pop Star on Suspicion of Rape
- Case Against Amy Cooper Lacks Key Element: Victim’s Cooperation
Lily Allen accuses police of 'victim shaming' over stalker case have 579 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at April 20, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.