Posted June 27, 2018 14:28:19 | Updated June 27, 2018 15:14:30
Jimmy Fallon and every comedian who has ever invited a politician onto their show needs to understand this: you are being played, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted May 19, 2018 05:00:00 | Updated May 19, 2018 11:48:14
The Royal wedding is like every other wedding you’ve been bored stiff by — only longer, more expensive and with more obnoxious voiceover commentary. Comedian Ben Pobjie offers alternative options for your Saturday night.
Posted April 07, 2018 05:08:54 | Updated April 07, 2018 05:52:47
It’s been a wild few years since Facebook went offline. We have faced a few problems, to which we have had to find increasingly creative solutions, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted March 10, 2018 06:00:00 | Updated March 12, 2018 18:39:49
Anxiety is not depression, or bipolar, or OCD, or schizophrenia: it is its own unique, terrible beast. At its worst can leave sufferers like me frozen, with pain and terror coursing through every cell in their body, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted February 25, 2018 06:00:00 | Updated February 25, 2018 06:23:06
After a childhood spent not knowing how to swim, lifelong “shallow-ender” Ben Pobjie finally took the plunge as an adult. It was painful and humiliating, but also exciting and life-affirming.
Posted February 04, 2018 06:00:00 | Updated February 04, 2018 07:10:16
Australians are sick of watching ordinary people humiliate themselves. Now we want relatively famous people, and these Aussie icons could spice up our reality TV favourites, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted December 16, 2017 05:56:10 | Updated December 16, 2017 15:32:41
Forget Love Actually. The true joy of Christmas comes from television. Here are 10 of the best episodes of festive cheer, according to Ben Pobjie.
Posted December 11, 2017 15:45:11
I followed my daughter Layla’s favourite YouTube celebrity while she watched Monty Python’s Flying Circus. Will we do more than annoy the hell out of each other, asks Ben Pobjie.
Posted December 02, 2017 06:03:19 | Updated December 02, 2017 15:50:05
Pull your finger out, Australia — we let ourselves relax and an American nicked off with Our Harry. Now young Aussie singletons must redouble efforts to achieve something worthwhile in life and snag a Royal.
Posted November 23, 2017 12:25:53 | Updated November 23, 2017 16:56:38
There are many things to admire about America, but Black Friday is not one. Bringing it here without the benefit of Thanksgiving is unjustified, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted November 11, 2017 07:09:20 | Updated November 15, 2017 12:39:49
The fact cannot be avoided that a quick look at the news right now reveals a grim kaleidoscope of awfulness. Here’s an antidote, write Ben Pobjie.
Posted October 21, 2017 10:15:11 | Updated October 21, 2017 13:11:09
When the Sun comes out and the leaves return to the trees, Australians know what time it is: it’s time to flee, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted September 27, 2017 13:44:32 | Updated September 27, 2017 19:36:50
Priority number one, writes Ben Pobjie, is claiming the Southern Cross. Can you imagine the national humiliation if the Kiwis beat us to it?
Posted September 05, 2017 15:23:37 | Updated September 05, 2017 17:36:39
There would be many big advantages to our country allowing Western Australia to secede, writes Ben Pobjie.
Posted August 19, 2017 06:02:20
Let’s not pretend we have any great attachment to January 26, 1788. It wasn’t a joyous occasion, even for the colonists, Ben Pobjie writes.
Posted August 12, 2017 06:43:46 | Updated August 12, 2017 07:01:28
Did you know that the first woman to appear naked in a movie was a plucky young girl from Marrickville?
Posted July 15, 2017 04:55:36 | Updated July 15, 2017 14:55:23
Many women believe offensive online content isn’t taken seriously enough, news research shows. Thankfully, Ben Pobjie has a few tips to help such precious snowflakes better deal with the abuse they cop on a daily basis.
Posted June 30, 2017 10:16:11 | Updated June 30, 2017 11:32:25
There’s no excuse for President Trump to not be informed about the dos and don’ts of complimenting a lady’s smile, writes Ben Pobjie. The days of men being able to commend a woman’s grin at whim are long gone.
Posted June 22, 2017 09:52:36
Pauline Hanson hit the nail on the head when she said kids today are not competitive enough, writes Ben Pobjie. For that we can blame parents, teachers, and the new line of Ken dolls.
Posted June 08, 2017 10:02:16 | Updated June 08, 2017 10:07:26
What exactly are the men who want to see Wonder Woman supposed to do, asks Ben Pobjie — just “go to a different screening”?
Posted June 04, 2017 05:19:23 | Updated June 04, 2017 06:33:19
We shouldn’t be surprised that Rebel Wilson’s family are embracing their apparent boganism, writes Ben Pobjie. Where once bogan was a vicious slur, nowadays it’s a point of pride.
Posted May 27, 2017 06:04:43 | Updated May 27, 2017 07:23:39
Advance Australia Fair is no dancefloor banging Hey Ya, Ben Pobjie writes. But then a national anthem should not aspire to be a catchy pop song to wave your lighter to.
Posted May 17, 2017 11:39:18 | Updated May 17, 2017 13:37:58
Men who test positive for an inclination to splay their legs widely on trains would be required to wear a ‘Manspreader’ button at all times, or risk hefty fines, Ben Pobjie writes.
Posted May 07, 2017 06:06:40
New research suggesting bromances are good for men’s health is basically fake news, writes Ben Pobjie. The pressures and terrors of bromance spell disaster for men everywhere.
Posted April 28, 2017 08:53:23 | Updated April 28, 2017 09:16:51
Larrikinism, resilience, and a jocular sense of humour are all important national values, writes Ben Pobjie. But surely there are other more quintessentially Australian values our politicians have neglected to nominate.
- ‘If I Don’t Play Good Enough Football, I Need To Hang It Up’; Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Critical Of Himself After Loss To Buffalo Bills
- Sixers Deny Reports That Ben Simmons Is Available In Trade Talks To Acquire James Harden From Rockets
- Report: Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Intends To Play Next Season
- Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Sets Two Career Milestones In Loss To Bengals
- Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons Extend Dominance Of Knicks As Sixers Roll
- Piers Morgan says Good Morning Britain's Ben Shephard has shunned him for five years
- Republican senator Ben Sasse accuses Texas AG of 'begging for a pardon' and filing a 'PR stunt rather than a lawsuit' with his bid to overturn Donald Trump's defeat at the Supreme Court
- Andrew Cuomo Throwing Virtual Birthday Fundraiser with Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller as Restaurants Forced to Halt Indoor Dining
- Republican senator Ben Sasse hails Supreme Court for 'closing the book on the nonsense' and slams Donald Trump's conspiracy theories
- IND vs AUS Practice Match 2020 Report: Ben McDermott, Jack Wildermuth Slam Hundreds For Australia A in Drawn Game But India End With Lot of Positives
- ‘Change The Whirled’: Colin Kaepernick Teams Up With Ben & Jerry’s For Social Justice-Themed Flavor
- Former Top Disney TV Executive Ben Sherwood Launches Family App Mojo Focused On Youth Sports
- Zack Snyder's Justice League movie will probably be an R-rated movie that may get theatrical release with Ben Affleck's Batman dropping an F-bomb
- Ben Shapiro Ridiculed by Doctors for Complaining About Jill Biden's Use of 'Dr.'
- Ben Mendelsohn Joins Shailene Woodley In Serial Killer Thriller ‘Misanthrope’
- The Bachelorette: Tayshia Adams eliminates Ben Smith after conducting hometown 'visits' at resort
- The Bachelorette: Ben Smith reveals recent suicide attempts to Tayshia Adams during intense date
- Una Healy's happy home life with Ben Foden in Chasing The Saturdays throwback
- Una Healy dances on TikTok with daughter as ex Ben Foden's new wife gives birth
- Una Healy admits she was at 'rock bottom' after Ben Foden cheated on her during marriage
Ben Pobjie have 1294 words, post on www.abc.net.au at April 28, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.