Today, the Treasury Department revealed that it will be swapping in Harriet Tubman for Andrew Jackson on the front of the $20 bill. Politico reported that the $20 isn’t the only bill that will look different: We’re going to see new faces on $5 and a new $10 as well (though Alexander Hamilton’s visage will remain on the front of the $10 bill). Now, the Treasury Department has confirmed which historical figures will be featured on the new currency. “As I said when we launched this exciting project: after more than 100 years, we cannot delay, so the next bill to be redesigned must include women, who for too long have been absent from our currency,” Treasury Department Secretary Jack Lew said in a statement posted to Medium. “The new $10 will honor the story and the heroes of the women’s suffrage movement against the backdrop of the Treasury building.” Here’s the breakdown: The new $5 bill The theme of the bill is the Lincoln Memorial, and Abraham Lincoln’s face will stay on the front of the $5 bill, but the back will celebrate Marian Anderson, a singer who performed on the Lincoln Memorial in 1939 after the Daughters of the American Revolution… Read full this story
- Tributes paid to civil rights pioneer Patsy Gildernew
- Eamonn McCann to relaunch updated civil rights book
- Where was Martin Luther King assassinated, who was the civil rights activist and what are his most memorable quotes?
- 50th anniversary of civil rights' icon and birth of Free Derry
- Civil Rights heroes relive memories with cast of Bus Boycott play
- Civil rights groups call for Facebook board overhaul
- Groups call on Taoiseach to end legislation which has 'effectively silenced' civil rights organisations
- In gaffe, Trump praises church for ‘abolition of civil rights’ – and Dems go wild (VIDEO)
- Trump mistakenly praises Church for ‘abolition of civil rights,’ Dems go wild (VIDEO)
- Larne centre hosting discussion on civil rights movement
A brief guide to all of the civil rights pioneers that will soon be appearing on U.S. currency have 320 words, post on splinternews.com at April 20, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.