As many as 31 traffic accidents occurrednationwide on February 6, the first day of the nine-day Lunar New Year(Tet) holiday, killing 22 people and injuring 27 others. Illustrative image According to the Ministry of Public Security’s Traffic PoliceDepartment, the total cases included 29 road and two railway accidents.On the same day, traffic police across the country handled over 2,000violation cases, collecting a total administrative fine of nearly 2.5billion VND, detaining 355 motorbikes, and revoking 167 drivinglicenses.People flocked to train and bus stations, causing serious congestion inkey crossroads in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City on February 5 and themorning of February 6.Most train and bus stations across the two cities were crowded as traveldemand surged during the days prior to Tet – the most important annualfestival when people are supposed to gather with their families in theirhome towns.
- Over 4,300 people killed in traffic accidents in eight months
- Manchester Arena bomber’s brother Hashem Abedi caged for at least 55 years for killing 22 people in terror attack
- Manchester bomber Hashem Abedi will escape whole life sentence as he was not 21 at time of blast which killed 22 people
- Brother of Manchester Arena Suicide Bomber Must Spend 55 Years Behind Bars for Killing 22 People
- Grieving mother tells court how her heart 'snapped' when she heard her daughter had been killed in Manchester bombing as court prepares to sentence ISIS-loving terrorist over atrocity that killed 22
- Police launch campaign against traffic law violators from May 15
- Vietnamese airlines open 2021 Tet sales
- Airlines start selling Tet tickets from August 18
- Traffic control campaign reduces accidents in HCMC
- Additional day off for National Day from 2021
Traffic accidents kill 22 on Tet holiday’s first day have 253 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 8, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.