The number of worldwide Internet users grew by 200 million in 2015 to 3.2 billion, according to a report from Facebook.The growth is consistent with previous years. Facebook said the number of Internet users has increased by 200 million to 300 million every year for the past 10 years.Dan Olds, an analyst with The Gabriel Consulting Group, said he sees the consistent growth in connectivity numbers as a strong trend.“I think it’s amazing that in 30 years, nearly half of the world’s population is now online and able to access the vast amounts of information available on the Web,” said Dan Olds, an analyst with The Gabriel Consulting Group. “If you asked a technologist back in 1995 to predict the breadth of reach and richness of content of today’s web, they would have significantly underestimated both. We’ve come a very long way in a very little amount of time.”While those numbers show strong growth, it still means there are about 4.1 billion people who were not online by the end of last year.According to Facebook’s second annual study, State of Connectivity 2015: A Report on Global Internet Access, there are four factors acting as barriers to increased global Internet access:… Read full this story
- Beaming cheap internet from space has bankrupted other companies. Here's how SpaceX plans to survive
- Internet access should be a HUMAN RIGHT along with food and water because people 'don't have free speech or political power without it'
- Amazon introduces plastic packaging that can't be recycled as other retailers move to dump single-use containers
- How to sell Christmas gifts you won't use for a bit of money instead - places to trade them
- Half a billion shoppers expected to participate in Singles Day 2019 — here's what you need to know
- Would you do your banking with a tech startup?
- SpaceX scrubs first attempt to launch 60 Internet satellites [Updated]
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Predictions for 2020 and Beyond
- News Analysis: Italy's desire for privacy on financial matters behind woes for Facebook
- The reckless plot to overthrow Africa's most absurd dictator
3.2 billion people worldwide now use the Internet have 333 words, post on www.infoworld.com at February 23, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.