It doesn’t seem that long ago, but it was 20 years today that Pokémon was born – and along with it Pikachu. Since then it’s spawned game and after game , tons of Pokémon, an animated series, movies and even random merchandise like the huge Snorlax sleeping cushion (we all need one). But while you may think you know everything about the popular brand , there’s probably a few facts that have slipped past you. Here are 20 random facts to mark Pokémon’s 20th anniversary. 1. ‘Pokémon’ is just the joining of two words Pocket and monster. It was inspired by creator Satoshi Tajiri’s love of insect collecting as a kid (as you do). He wanted everyone to enjoy collecting bugs, even if they lived in the city. Yeah… 2. It could have all been very different While we all know Pikachu from the animated series, she wasn’t the intended sidekick. The original partner was Clefairy. Bonus fact: Pikachu’s name is a combination of the Japanese onomatopeia for sparkle, pikapika, and the sound of squeaking, chuchu. 3. Pikachu’s face is actually on some money Pickachu clearly had the face for marketing. There’s money with her face on, and as Michael… Read full this story
- 20 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with the Mac Option Key
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About Buying or Leasing a Car
- 5 Cool Things You Should Know About Reddit
- Five Things You Oughta Know About the 'Jagged Little Pill' Musical
- 7 Things You Must Know When Buying a Vinyl Record Player
- Buying a New Hard Drive: 7 Things You Must Know
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know Google Assistant Could Do
- Fathom Events Reportedly Unaware of Plans to Bring New Pokemon Movie to the U.S.
- Here's How Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution Differs From Original Movie
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With a Nest Thermostat
20 things you probably didn't know about Pokémon as it turns 20 have 313 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 27, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.