Hollywood actor Channing Tatum is known for his versatility, but few would have thought the Magic Mike star’s repertoire would extend to dressing up as Beyoncé and performing live with the pop queen herself. But, that’s just what happened during the ultimate Lip Sync battle on Thursday, when Queen Bey made a surprise appearance to help Tatum perform a version of her hit single “Run the World”.
The actor, looking resplendent in a blonde wig, black bra, thigh-high boots and a feathered shrug, was up against his wife Jenna Dewan in the latest episode of the popular US show—the U.K. version of which starts Friday on Channel 5. Dewan was left open-mouthed as Beyoncé strutted out on to stage and thrilled the studio audience. Tatum kept up the pace admirably, wiggling his bottom and high kicking in sync with the pop queen.
Dewan was also given a helping hand by former American Idol judge Paula Abdul as she performed to her song “Cold Hearted Snake”. The couple became the first competitors to tie as the judges deemed their performances so strong they couldn’t declare a winner. But, they were both upstaged by Beyoncé making her most public mime appearance since she performed the U.S. national anthem during Barack Obama’s second inauguration speech.
The U.K. version of Lip Sync Battle, which sees two celebrities fight it out to see who is better at miming, will be presented by the former Spice Girl Mel B (Scary Spice) and the U.K. rap star Professor Green.
“With it being a U.K. show [we’re going to get] U.K. celebrities to come on but they’re going to be the same quality of people as the American show,” Mel B told BBC Newsbeat.
- ‘Queer Eve’ Fab Five pay tribute to Beyonce, Britney Spears on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Jenna Dewan Talks Channing Tatum Split: 'I Let Myself Grieve'
- Chris Pine lip syncs for his life in ‘Drag Race’ skit on ‘SNL’
- Pikes Pick: Tone-deaf singer happy to lip-sync instead
- What to watch on TV this week: Mark-Paul Gosselaar fights vampires, a Hogwarts for assassins, The Punisher returns and a lot more
- Macy’s Digs Up Chrissy Teigen’s Old Parade Diss as John Legend Joins Float
- Valentina of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Is Back, Mi Amor!
- BILL VAUGHAN’S TASTY CLIPS: Tony Todd grants ‘The Final Wish’ on screen Jan. 24
- John Legend Says He's Learning How To Swim And Twitter Goes Wild
- John Legend and Chrissy Tiegen recruit celebrity friends for Christmas Special
- Chrissy Teigen's father gets her face tattooed on his arm
- Chrissy Teigen had major row with John Legend at Kimye wedding
- Chrissy Teigen And John Legend Still Saying Sorry For 'Major Blowout' At Kimye Wedding
- Could ‘Mortal Engines’ Spell the End of Modern Fantasy Films?
- Brexit, Camp Fire, Disney: Your Monday Briefing
- 'Screwball' dives into Alex Rodriguez, baseball's steroids era
- Minshew Mania hits fever pitch: Mustached QB makes WSU one of football’s best stories
- Inside 'Leaving Neverland,' The Film Detailing Michael Jackson's Alleged Child Abuse
- Upcoming concerts in Phoenix: Billy Joel, Post Malone, Cardi B, Travis Scott
- Bulpett: Celtics can’t get into the party spirit against Bucks
Watch: Beyoncé Crash Channing Tatum's Lip Sync Battle have 523 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 8, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.