Ziv Koren is a talented photographer whose works are popular not only in Israel but throughout other parts of the world as well. At this exhibition, the photographer displays his works captured during his 10 years travelling to different locations, such as the Danakil Desert (Ethiopia), Haiti, Milan (Italy), Koh Samui (Thailand) and Yaroslav Oblast (Russia).
All of his photos reflect his internal world and unique worldview through light in all its varied forms: sunlight, fog, nighttime shadows, the penetrating ray, the illuminated city, the street light and the dark alley, and especially the human being as he appears in the light, in the shade, and in the space connecting them.
The exhibition leaves strong impressions on viewers by the image of religious followers praying, a child’s glint and a soldier when facing the death, the image of 56 year-old Patricia raising six orphaned grandchildren whose parents died of AIDS and three of them are HIV infected, the image of the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, a portrait of an HIV infected child in South Africa and an Indian girl in holy water in Sangam.
Having worked as a professional photojournalist for over 20 years, Ziv Koren has been the subject of many exhibitions and awards, such as the “Yann Geffroy” and “Photo District News Award” three times and the “Internal Colour Award” twice.
This exhibition not only opens up a new space for Vietnam and Israel to promote exchanges in photography but also contributes to boosting cultural co-operation between the two nations and enhancing mutual understanding between the two peoples.
Some of Ziv Koren’s work:
Ziv Koren works as a photojournalist for the Sygma, Gamma and Polaris Images (Israel). His photos have been published in famous magazines, namely Time Magazine, Newsweek, the Sunday Times Magazine, Paris Match, Le Figaro Corriere, Della Sera Magazine and are displayed at many famous Museums in the world.
Story: Bich van – Photos: Ziv Koren & Trinh Van Bo
- Vietnam’s beauty revealed through lens of Japanese photographer
- Travel photographer Austin Mann praises iPhone 11 Pro camera performance
- How to photograph Pink Moon 2021 – get stunning snaps of tonight’s Super Moon
- 'I've had a bloody interesting life': Kiwi war photographer reflects on a lifetime behind the lens
- This Young Photographer Is Reclaiming Women's Bodies In A Powerful Way
- 44 killed in stampede at Jewish religious festival in Israel
- The Best Books for Self-Care and Mental Health
- Amitabh, Jaya and a musical book launch...
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro diary: Day one, first impressions
- It's Finn vs. Phasma in this 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' behind-the-scenes clip
Photographer Ziv Koren "Writing with Light" have 423 words, post on at January 4, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.