Alyssa Burr Lansing State Journal Published 6:00 AM EST Feb 14, 2019 As part of our Love in Lansing series, we called out to members of the Lansing community to hear about your not ideal Valentine’s Day experiences … and did you deliver! Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a day filled with love and romance. But for many, it’s a day of bad dates, even worse first impressions and – sometimes – a trip to the emergency room. While it isn’t for everyone, just be grateful your Valentine’s Day didn’t turn out like these. Take a look at the winning stories of ‘Valentine’s Day gone awry’ below: Love is a slippery slope – First Place We had planned to go out of town to a nice restaurant and hotel. A few days before Valentine’s Day we came home from work and our roof was leaking in the house due to the ice on the roof. My husband decided to chip the ice away, and as he was climbing up the ladder it slipped out, falling on a big piece of ice. He ended up in the hospital with a broken back. So it was the worst Valentine’s Day – we didn’t go anywhere or do anything. VaLinda StevensLansing Must avoid mono – Second Place My… Read full this story
- Love and guilt in lockdown: Your stories of getting in touch with an ex
- World Population Day 2020: Quotes That You Can Share With Each Other
- Letters of love: 'Our father wrote every day as he waited to be sent to Auschwitz'
- The internet scammer who loved me (not)
- L.A. Stagehands Local 33 Co-Chief Ron Valentine’s Harrowing Account Of Early Days Of Shutdown & Herculean Efforts To Get Town Back To Work
- Couple’s half-century love story mirrors gay community’s growth
- Why we can't turn away from 'Gone with the Wind'
- Love Island's Alexandra Cane showcases the results of her gruelling fitness regime as she flashes her abs in a crop top on low-key London outing
- 'The celibacy lives on': Love Island star Alexandra Cane swaps her 'granny underwear' for racy lingerie but admits it's just a 'reminder of how single I am'
- Short and sweet: the best stories to read right now
Love in Lansing: Valentine's Day gone awry, the stories have 366 words, post on eu.lansingstatejournal.com at January 12, 2016. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.