PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): 8:55 p.m. France’s defense minister says 10 French fighter jets are carrying out new airstrikes on Islamic State group targets in Syria. Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian says the jets have carried out new raids Tuesday evening. Speaking on TF1 TV, the French defense minister said France will have 36 fighter jets in the region capable of carrying out airstrikes on IS targets once the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier reaches the zone. The carrier embarks from Toulon on Thursday. — 8:15 p.m. Hannover’s police chief says authorities have cancelled a friendly soccer match between Germany and the Netherlands because they had ”concrete information” about a bomb threat. The German news agency dpa quoted police chief Volker Kluwe saying the information concerned an explosives attack. The stadium was evacuated by police about an hour and a half before the kickoff Tuesday night in the northern German city. Top government officials including Chancellor Angela Merkel had been scheduled to attend the match to send a signal that Germany wouldn’t bow to terrorism in the wake of the Paris attacks. — 7:45 p.m. With a police helicopter whirring above and… Read full this story
- Jets vs. Patriots: Tom Brady will carry New England to cover
- The Latest: French say Brexit delay only for a good reason
- The Latest: UK speaker deals new blow to govt Brexit plan
- Jets should present bigger challenge in rematch with Patriots
- Pakistan says it shot down two Indian jets as Kashmir border crisis deepens
- ISIS 'already has a new leader' Abdullah Qardash, barely a day after former chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog' in US strikes as former Saddam Hussein army officer takes terror group's reins
- US Air Force hires French, British and RUSSIAN jets to help pilots hone their dog-fighting skills in $6.4B contract due to shortage of American airmen... but some are from the 1950s
- France makes move to revive Kaveri jet engine project
- The Air Force Wants a New ‘Century Series’ Of Jet Fighters. History Says No Way.
- Jet Airways First Indian Company To Face Cross-Border Insolvency: Report
The Latest: French jets carry out new airstrikes against IS have 349 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.