Welcome back to Behind Closed Ovens, where we take a look at the best and strangest stories from inside the food industry. This week, we’ve got stories of customers who defy all logic and reason. As always, these are real e-mails from real readers. Kinja user Shop-Teacher: I delivered for a chain sandwich place during college. It was actually at the “corporate flagship” location. The store itself was tiny and nothing special, but the owner’s personal office was next door. At the time, at least, it was the busiest location of them all. I usually delivered from 10pm-3am, and I got a delivery to the non-campus part of town on a relatively slow night. The order was for a sandwich and a fountain drink. Before I go any further, you should know that the owner was a notorious cheapskate. We weren’t allowed to have a take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray, for example. If somebody left a penny, it went in the cash drawer. We also were not allowed to bring straws for the fountain drinks unless a customer specifically asked for a straw when they placed their order. So I make my delivery, and the customer is a very attractive woman about my… Read full this story
- Venice restaurant that hit tourists with £1,000 bill faces £17,000 fines
- Bold and fearless, Nari is SF’s most exciting new restaurant
- Shorewood Lands OMG Pho, Great New Vietnamese Restaurant
- Woman dies after eating at Michelin-starred restaurant
- Restaurants Open For Thanksgiving Dinner 2019 In Reston
- Vang Vieng, Laos: the world's most unlikely party town
- How Brazil and South Africa became the world's most populist countries
- The lone employee at an Alabama Waffle House was swamped. So customers jumped behind the counter to help.
- For the surreal foodie: You gotta eat at these wonderfully weird restaurants
- Majorca sushi restaurant that served ‘parasitic worms in fish’ is shut down after 24 diners are struck down with food poisoning
Stories of the World's Most Inexplicable Restaurant Customers have 312 words, post on kitchenette.jezebel.com at November 15, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.