Given that the trend of “new is better” has completely engulfed the PGA Tour as the ’15 season ended and the ’16 season got going, it seems appropriate to kick off our new series where we examine, and grade, each tournament on the PGA Tour.Throughout the season, we will take a close look at each event, giving it a grade based on how entertaining it was, what quality of field it had and who the eventual champion was (for instance, the U.S. Open last year would have been boosted heavily by the fact that Jordan Spieth, the best golfer in the world at the time, hung on to beat Dustin Johnson, the most talented golfer in the world, with other huge names falling just short on a shootout Sunday — while the PGA Championship, despite having two of the new big three in the final group, didn’t give us the drama we had hoped for on Sunday, thanks in large part to Jason Day playing like an alien man).If we thought the PGA Tour might have a letdown year, it sure hasn’t shown any signs thus far, with five first-time winners taking the first five events of this wrap-around season…. Read full this story
- Lightning strike at PGA Tour Championship leaves at least 6 people injured
- Rory McIlroy wins PGA Tour Championship and pockets $15m prize
- DeChambeau takes two-shot lead at US PGA Tour's Safeway Open
- US PGA Tour cancels Hong Kong event over player safety
- Cook, Gooch share US PGA Tour lead in Houston
- Report card: Bob Condotta grades the Seahawks’ Week 6 win vs. the Cleveland Browns
- 49ers report card: What ‘A’ defensive display in L.A.
- PGA, LPGA Tours begin Asia swings
- Ex-NFL star Romo fires 70, looks to make first PGA cut
- McIlroy backs himself to equal career-best season
PGA Tour Report Card: Grades for season’s first five events have 295 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 12, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.