Welcome back to Behind Closed Ovens, where we take a look at the best and strangest stories from inside the food industry. This week, we’ve got stories of some of the worst restaurant bosses I’ve ever read about, a surprising number of whom got their comeuppance. As always, these are real e-mails from real readers. Jack DeWitt: Back in the early 2000’s, I worked in a small local place where the boss/owner was famous for being a cheapskate. He was a nice enough guy on a personal level, but he’d knock over his own mother if it meant he could save a dollar. I’d been working there a few months, and I’d been saving money to buy a new(er) vehicle, and I finally had enough to get a two year old Ford Ranger pickup. It was the newest car I’d ever owned, and I was super happy about it. Literally the very first day I had it at work, my boss “Bill” immediately was like “Hey, nice truck! You’ll have to let me borrow it some time.” I thought he was joking, and sort of blew it off, but no. He kept at me for another week or so, occasionally… Read full this story
- Choosing The Perfect Restaurant For Your Date
- 5 Worst Psycho Bosses Ever
- Your Boss...Your Buddy...Where to Mark the Boundary?
- Restaurant Watcher - We'll Always Have Venice
- Restaurant Business Planning
- Should You Open a Restaurant?
- How to Build Extra Revenue Into Your Restaurant Business Plan
- South Street Seaport Restaurant Is An Enchanting Place For Foodies
- Restaurants in Central Washington
- A Restaurant Concept
Stories of Some of the Worst Restaurant Bosses You're Ever Likely to See have 269 words, post on kitchenette.jezebel.com at September 7, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.