OXNARD, Calif. — Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey followed through on his threat to miss training camp if a new deal wasn’t reached with the club. The 32-year-old veteran failed to appear for the team’s first walkthrough on Thursday morning.
Mincey, who led the club with six sacks last year, has been seeking a reworking of his contract since February. He signed a two-year, $1.5 million deal with Dallas during the 2014 offseason. Today, that puts his contract at 70th for an NFL defensive end.
“We expect all players under contract to be here,” Cowboys COO Stephen Jones said Wednesday during the club’s opening press conference. “Jeremy obviously did a great job for us last year. He was a big part of our success on the defensive side of the football. We have nothing but the utmost respect for him. But he is under contract.
“It is disappointing. We expect him to be here. We want him to be here. He can be a big part of this team.”
Jones also indicated that the team will not renegotiate Mincey’s contract as long as he is not present in Oxnard. Additionally, Mincey could face team fines of up to $30,000 for showing up to camp while under contract.
- Jerry Jones reiterates confidence that Dak Prescott is ready for Cowboys Week 1 opener: 'He's there'
- Cowboys’ Zack Martin Likely To Miss Opener After Positive COVID-19 Test
- Two More Dallas Cowboys Players Test Positive For COVID
- Naomi Osaka lifts lid on not feeling 'good enough' ahead of US Open title defence
- Naomi Osaka Is Out at U.S. Open After Losing to Leylah Fernandez
- Cowboys OG Zack Martin tests positive for COVID-19, out for Thursday opener vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Dallas Cowboys OG Zack Martin tests positive for COVID-19, out for Thursday opener vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Dak Prescott injury update: Dallas Cowboys QB sends strong message about status entering Week 1
- Dallas Cowboys will do 'due diligence' on Cam Newton, per report
- Cowboys' Martin likely to miss opener after positive test
- Uh-oh... Cowboys’ COVID outbreak raises concerns for league as opener vs. Bucs looms
- One Indian athlete, eight officials at Paralympics opening ceremony
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Democrats face headwinds on $3.5 trillion plan, debt ceiling
- Murray withdraws from Citi Open after tearful 3 a.m. finish
- Paul Coll's path from high school boarder and couch surfer to British Open squash glory
- Paul Coll's trek from icy alpine passes to British Open squash pinnacle
- La'el Collins dealing with stingers, could miss opener - ProFootballTalk
- Piers Morgan cut his face open trying to dart from the GQ Awards during Prince Harry’s speech
- Virgin River plot hole: Preacher opens up major flaw in relationship with Christopher
- Chicago schools open doors to thousands more students
Cowboys DE Mincey skips opening morning walkthrough have 444 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 30, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.