She’s no stranger to the world’s best-dressed lists and now Pippa Middleton has left a more permanent mark on the fashion world.
The 31-year-old has joined forces with designer Tabitha Webb to create a two-piece limited edition collection to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation.
Getting involved in the design process was, says Miss Middleton, both ‘fun and creative’ and the results, a £295 dress and a £95 scarf, draw heavily on her own wardrobe.
Scroll down for video
Looking good: Pippa Middleton shows off the fruits of her first foray into fashion design
‘It was great to collaborate with Tabitha to design the style and look of the dress and scarf,’ explained Miss Middleton.
Share this article
‘As an ambassador of the British Heart Foundation, I'm delighted that all the profits of the sales will go towards their lifesaving research into heart disease.
‘Creating the limited edition pieces was a fun and creative way to fundraise for the BHF London to Brighton cycle challenge.’
But while the silk tea dress and cashmere-blend scarf, both of which feature a bespoke floral pattern designed by print-specialist Ms Webb, are expected to sell well, Miss Middleton is not thought to have a future career in fashion in mind.
Instead, the 31-year-old is focusing her efforts on her writing and is currently studying a course in nutrition with the intention of moving away from lifestyle and towards health journalism.
Showing off her stuff: Miss Middleton, who appeared in yesterday’s You, also features in this week’s Hello!
Pretty: This £295 silk tea dress is the result of a collaboration with designer Tabitha Webb
Nevertheless, Ms Webb says the Duchess of Cambridge’s younger sister was an ‘absolute pleasure’ to work with and an enthusiastic collaborator.
‘I'm really honoured to be a part of such an amazing project,’ said Ms Webb. ‘It has been an absolute pleasure to work with Pippa throughout the designing process and we are delighted with the outcome.
‘The dress is perfect for the summer – either worn with a denim jacket and pumps for a casual look or dressed up with heels for a special occasion.
‘The lightweight scarf, using the same colourful print, is made from a modal and cashmere blend and is an ideal accessory for any outfit.’
Charity chic: The £95 scarf and the £295 dress are being sold to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation
A family affair! Pippa appears in the souvenir issue of Hello! dedicated to the new photos George and Charlotte taken by the Duchess of Cambridge
Miss Middleton’s foray into fashion comes ahead of this month’s 54-mile London to Brighton bike ride in which she will be taking part.
A British Heart Foundation ambassador for almost two years, in 2014, she rode across the US to raise funds for the charity.
The fitness fanatic yesterday spoke to the Mail on Sunday’s You Magazine about her love of sport and revealed she has been doing two spin classes a week to prepare for this month’s bike ride.
‘There's nothing better than completing a [sporting] challenge – it's the endorphin kick and exercise high you get from all the hard work and effort,’ she added.
‘On reaching Brighton, the atmosphere of the 28,000 riders will be the greatest celebration – crossing the finish line with everyone is sure to be an amazing experience.
‘The best feeling is knowing that you've done all that hard work for a good cause – I'm thrilled to be raising money for the British Heart Foundation.’
Speaking about the dress and scarf created by Miss Middleton, British Heart Foundation Fundraising Director Louise Parkes said she ‘couldn’t thank Pippa enough’ for her support.
‘We are delighted that Tabitha and Pippa have created these stunning designs in support of the British Heart Foundation,’ she added.
‘The dress and scarf are beautiful! Profits raised through the sale of these items will help support the BHF's work into the fight against coronary heart disease – the UK's single biggest killer.’
- The dress (£295) and scarf (£95) will be available exclusively in Tabitha Webb's Belgravia store (45 Elizabeth Street, SW1W 9PP) and online at www.tabithawebb.co.uk. All profits will go to the British Heart Foundation on behalf of Pippa Middleton's London to Brighton Bike Ride.
- Dress to the nines this holiday season: Manish Malhotra, Kenneth Cole & other fashion designers share tips to be party-ready
- Rihanna: the pop star who became a fashion powerhouse
- Royal fashion faceoff! The FIVE major differences between Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's styles
- Idris Elba's new wife Sabrina Dhowre, 29, looks stunning in a fringed lace evening dress as she attends Met Gala after-party with casually dressed husband, 46
- In bloom! Ariana Rockefeller hosts intimate cocktail party wearing a handmade gown featuring over 4,000 feathers by Bibhu Mohapatra
- How Kate Middleton and Prince William Make Christmas Special For Their Kids
- Britain's top 100 influencers revealed: Gamers, lifestyle and fitness vloggers are among the YouTubers making eye-watering fortunes from their millions of followers
- Design of a decade: Prabal Gurung celebrates 10th anniversary with new book
- Holiday gifts: 9 fashion and style books for your favorite fashionista
- EXCLUSIVE: The Bold and the Beautiful star Katherine Kelly Lang, 58, reveals the beauty secrets behind her ageless appearance - including LED masks, A LOT of vitamins and a unique jet lag cure
- Kate’s right to bare arms: Duchess of Cambridge slips off coat to show off sleeveless £800 dress she’s worn twice before - as she reveals Royals have a new pet hamster called Marvin
- Faryal Makhdoom PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Star pulls out all the stops for her baby daughter Alayna as she and husband Amir Khan throw a £75k rainforest-themed party to celebrate her first birthday in Bolton
- Eeeooowww! From before she was famous to couture fashions and bling-tastic manicures, FEMAIL rounds up Cardi B's most outrageous looks just ahead of her 27th birthday
- How Lindsay Lohan has resurrected herself by focusing on charity work and her holiday resort after escaping Hollywood for Dubai
- Golden Globes Party Diary: Inside the Glitziest Awards Show Events
- Kendall Jenner puts on a giddy display as she hits up a SEX SHOP ahead of Hailey Bieber's bachelorette party... with the supermodel browsing a host of cheeky items
- ‘The public has a right to art’: the radical joy of Keith Haring
- Beatrice Borromeo's four wedding dresses
- 2019 is Laura Dern’s year. We’re just living in it
- Under the Gaydar
Party planner, author... and now style guru! Pippa Middleton reveals turning fashion designer for charity was 'fun and creative' have 1113 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 8, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.