At noon on Wednesday, George Osborne will show us the future. Or rather, what he hopes will be his future… when he stands in for David Cameron at Prime Minister’s Questions. Osborne has been preparing for this moment for 21 years. In 1994, he started briefing John Major before PMQs and he has helped every Tory leader since. As Chancellor, Osborne has carved out time to drill Cameron on his lines every Wednesday morning. He even helped Nick Clegg out the first time he stepped up to the Dispatch Box. Stepping in: Chancellor George Osborne will stand in for David Cameron at Prime Minister’s Questions RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next JAMES FORSYTH: Finally, loser Ed’s found someone who… May the market forces be with you George! Star Wars… Share this article Share PM SHOWS WILD SIDE IN THE ALPS He is no Putin, but David Cameron likes few things better than diving into the oceans, lakes and rivers of the great outdoors.Which is why at 6am last Monday, Cameron and his team at the G7 summit could be found at the edge of an Alpine lake, preparing for a bit of ‘wild swimming’.Not even local warnings about ‘water snakes’ could… Read full this story
- How will Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, rest of young Lakers fit with LeBron James?
- Warriors take Memphis’ James Wiseman with No. 2 pick in NBA draft
- 'He Can't Hang On Forever': New No 10 Advisor Takes Trump to Task Over Refusal to Concede Victory
- James Corden opens up about his fame, fortune and flab
- 'He got into drugs and that changed him': Bernie Ecclestone hits back at James Stunt's 'dwarf' jibe as he blames his former son-in-law's addiction to Valium and morphine for marriage breakdown
- Grammy Nominations: Beyoncé Tops List, With Taylor Swift, Dua Lipa, Roddy Ricch Also Scoring Big
- Now THAT'S a celebrity cabinet! David Beckham for Sports Minister? How about Daniel Craig for Defence? Or Judge Judy as Justice Secretary? As George Osborne admits he considered the footballer for high office, JAN MOIR reveals her hilarious picks
- Met chief Cressida Dick warns No10 police have 'other things to be doing than interrupting Christmas dinners' - as Matt Hancock says hugging will be banned and families will have to stay socially distanced even IF rules are relaxed
- E! People's Choice Awards: Ellen DeGeneres takes home Daytime Talk Show amid toxic workplace allegations ... as Ellen Pompeo scores double win and J.Lo gets surprise appearance by her kids after winning People's Icon Award
- List of nominees for Grammy Awards 2021: Beyoncé, Dua Lipa take the lead
JAMES FORSYTH: Osborne's on a roll as he takes another big stride towards No10 have 421 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 14, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.