A brave mum has told how she snatched her young children to safety moments before machete killer Nicholas Salvador smashed his way into their home. Pregnant Asma Hakla grabbed her young sons and ran as the maniac ranted “Help me, please help me” while trying to get into their back garden after beheading neighbour Palmira Silva, 82. Little Adam, five, and three-year-old Yousef were playing in the garden within feet of the knifeman as he fled the scene of his killing spree. Asma, 32, who has since given birth to a daughter Nour, said: “He was so close to my children. The thought of it terrifies me to this day. It terrifies my children.” The boys had moved to the UK with their mum just two months before the horror last September. Asma’s husband Bilal, 38, said: “For months afterwards my son would ask us, ‘Is the bad man coming to kill us?’ “They were scared to go in the garden in case he’d come back and get them.” The boys had been playing on a see-saw under the watchful eye of Asma and family friend Samir, completely unaware of Salvador’s bloody rampage nearby. When Asma saw bare-chested 18-stone Salvador… Read full this story
- 'Our baby could have been saved with a simple test
- The Manchester medics who save the 'lost hope' babies
- 'I saved dog Buddy when I found him dying
- Live: Trial of mum accused of murdering newborn baby
- What judge said to mum sent her to prison for murdering baby
- Grieving mum speaks out after son dies falling from balcony
- Grieving mum speaks out after son dies in balcony fall
- 'My girlfriend punched me as I tried to save our baby'
- New mum's 30 years of pain from infected blood
- 'I'm scared my killer ex will murder our daughter'
Edmonton beheading: Pregnant mum tells how she saved her children from machete maniac Nicolas Salvador have 292 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 24, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.