Following his win over Ricardo Lamas in April, No. 1-ranked featherweight Chad Mendes was looking ahead towards a summer that might have seen him face free agency as he approached the end of his current UFC deal.Mendes had one fight left on his contract and for the first time since joining the UFC, the former title challenger felt like he finally had some real leverage to negotiate into a much bigger deal, although that might also mean talking to a few other promotions about work as well.Mendes says he was ready to test the waters of free agency until the UFC stepped in and made it clear that they didn’t want him fighting anywhere except the Octagon for the rest of his career, so they signed him to a new eight-fight deal with the promotion. ”I’m very excited about it,” Mendes told FOX Sports. “I had one fight left on my contract and I was open to fighting it out and just kind of seeing what I was worth on the open market and the UFC made it pretty clear they did not want to lose me.””It feels good to finally get up there in the contract where you’re making some… Read full this story
- Ronda Rousey Appears To Be Ready To Fuck People Up In WWE
- A Glossary of Narcissistic Slang Terms
- 'She refused me because I live in a joint family'
- State of the nation: Igbo will suffer if they secede — Senator Doguwa
- The Loss of a Child
- CRUDE IN THE NORTH: Oil may threaten nation’s ‘food basket’
- Nord Stream 2 pipeline row highlights Germany's energy dependence on Russia
- Raped, tracked, humiliated: Clergy wives speak out about domestic violence
- [email protected]: Nifty floor at 10K, and why FY19 may finally see double-digit earnings growth
- PHOTOS, World Cup qualifiers: Brazil crush Peru; Romania hold Italy
Chad Mendes: The UFC made it clear they didn’t want to lose me have 304 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 8, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.