Now that the NBA draft lottery is settled, let’s move on to our first mock draft. After all, June 25 will be here sooner than you think.1. Minnesota: Jahlil Okafor, C, Duke (6-11, 270). There’s been a sea change in most mock drafts the past couple months. After a solid year of people talking up Okafor as the surefire No. 1 pick, conventional wisdom now has Kentucky’s Karl-Anthony Towns as the No. 1. Why the change? Towns showed his versatility during Kentucky’s Final Four run, while people have nitpicked Okafor’s defensive deficiencies. This is called overthinking things. Here’s what one college coach told me about Okafor: “Any team that doesn’t take Jah first will regret it, and their front office people will be fired soon.” I agree. In Okafor, you may be taking a gamble on his becoming a capable NBA defender, but you are getting as close to a sure thing of a low-post scorer as we’ve seen in a generation. I know the fit with Nikola Pekovic isn’t perfect, but Okafor has the possibility of becoming a transcendent NBA player. Don’t get too cute here.2. L.A. Lakers: Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Kentucky (7-0, 250). In Towns, the Lakers can… Read full this story
- Fantasy NBA mock draft: 10-team, H2H categories
- Lowe: The 2019-20 NBA League Pass Rankings, Pt. 1
- Dolphins passed on drafting Dwayne Haskins. Any regrets?
- Leonard returns to help Raptors improve to NBA-best 11-1
- Vietnamese hoop dreams with Moe Ager
- Kurtenbach: What we’ve learned about the Warriors so far this preseason
- How a busted trade request got Anthony Davis to Los Angeles
- First Call: Antonio Brown’s rambling plea to Patriots; Gerrit Cole vs. Tyler Glasnow in ALDS Game 5
- Raptors improve to 11-1 in Leonard's return from injury
- Curry and Durant fuel Warriors' seventh consecutive win
NBA mock draft: Timberwolves need not overthink No. 1 pick have 301 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 19, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.