The man that led to a hung jury in the Etan Patz murder case said there wasn’t enough evidence to convict 54-year-old Pedro Hernandez of killing the 6-year-old child in 1979. Adam Sirois was the sole juror left after nearly 19 days of deliberations that felt the accused killer’s confession wasn’t enough. Mistrial declared in Etan Patz case after jurors can’t reach verdict on 18th day of deliberations “Ultimately I couldn’t find enough evidence that wasn’t circumstantial to convict,” Sirois said after Justice Maxwell Wiley declared a mistrial Friday afternoon. “I couldn’t get there.” Friday evening, at a post-trial dinner to which the 35-year-old Upper West Side resident was not invited, six of his fellow jurors blasted the holdout. “We never want to see him again,” juror Chris Giliberti, 27, was overheard saying. Giliberti told the Daily News Sirois was convinced Hernandez was totally delusional – a belief Giliberti found irrational based on the evidence. Sirois, known as juror 11 during the 10-week trial, said he felt Hernandez’s mental state was too questionable to convict. “For me his confession was very bizarre no matter how many times it happened it got more and more bizarre,” he said. “And I… Read full this story
- Thai police say concrete evidence links Burmese suspects to Britons’ murders
- Dramatic scenes at a suburban home as a man charged with murder over a 'bloody axe attack' that left a man and woman dead re-enacts the chaotic brawl in his blue forensic jumpsuit
- The US is seeing hopeful trends in new cases but official says that could quickly change if people aren't careful
- Man arrested for murdering friend, burying body at home
- Man charged with murder claims defense against racist attack
- Kelsey Grammer says he forgives the man who killed his sister
- Suspect Allegedly Murdered 21-Year-Old Girl, Stepdad After Car Crash
- Man jailed for murder after killing terminally ill ex-wife 'as an act of mercy'
- Man Suspected Of Lighting Fire On Forest Land Near Tahoe City
- Taranaki man accused of murder after weekend shooting appears in court
Etan Patz case's holdout juror says there wasn't enough evidence to convict man suspected of child's murder have 343 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 9, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.