Sultan of Brunei’s son weds bride in lavish ceremony View gallery Could this be the blingest wedding in history? These photos reveal the opulent splendour of the wedding of the Sultan of Brunei ‘s son, which boasted emeralds the size of quails’ eggs and crystal-encrusted Christian Louboutin shoes. Prince Abdul Malik, 31, who’s father is one of the world’s richest men, married his bride Dayangku Raabi’atul ‘Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji Bolkiah amidst a sea of gold at the 1,788-room royal palace in the capital of Brunie, Bandar Seri Begawan. The prince and his bride exchanged vows in front of friends and family and a host of nobility from around the world. The incredible ceremony featured gold diamond-encrusted outfits, a bouquet made of jewels, and a pair of shoes fitted with crystals. Prine Abdul Malik is the sultan’s youngest child and is second in the line to the throne. He and his bride can be seen seated next to each other as part of the enthronement ceremony – part of the wedding festivities, which began on April 5. The celebration will end on 15 April. The royal couple are pictured perched on gilded thrones at the palace, which is thought to be… Read full this story
- 70+ Best Christmas gift ideas for women 2020: Great Holiday gifts for her
- Next-level nails: Pamper salon went online during pandemic — and wowed venture capital firm
- Red carpet bombshells! Golden girl Jennifer Lawrence leads the best dressed stars at Academy Awards as Sandra Bullock, Lupita Nyong'o and Gal Gadot dazzle in metallic dresses
- Fathom Events Is Bringing 12 Big Screen Classics to Movie Theaters in 2021
- How The Crown lost the plot: It prides itself on getting all the little details right - but that's what makes the clunking scripts, massive distortions and woeful royal caricatures of this series such a travesty, says RICHARD KAY
- Mistakes From the 100 Worst Movies of All Time
- Kiwi travellers' best ever summer holidays: 'We slept on the side of the road and rides were plentiful'
- Madness of Heaven's Gate cult: HBO doc reveals how two Star Trek-obsessed Texans persuaded 39 cult members to 'exit their human vessels' in largest mass suicide in US history - and each with $5.75 in their pocket and wearing same Nike sneakers
- Teen bags £1.6k worth of PrettyLittleThing clothes for £35 with some as little as 8p as she shares pics of her mega haul
Opulent splendour at wedding of sultan's son - including emeralds the size of quail's eggs and crystal-encrusted shoes have 387 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 12, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.