HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) UConn men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie will not be traveling to the Final Four this week, abiding by a travel ban ordered by Connecticut’s governor because of Indiana’s new religious-objections law, the school announced Tuesday.Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and other critics contend the law would allow businesses to deny service to gays and lesbians based on religious beliefs. The governor on Monday signed an executive order banning state spending on travel to Indiana.Malloy left the decision to travel to the Final Four up to Ollie and the university, which had already paid for much of his trip. UConn was the 2014 national champion and Ollie was to attend coaches meetings and other events surrounding this year’s championship.University President Susan Herbst issued a statement Tuesday evening in support of the governor’s ban and said neither Ollie nor any other member of the basketball staff would travel to Indianapolis.”UConn is a community that values all of our members and treats each person with the same degree of respect, regardless of their background and beliefs and we will not tolerate any other behavior.” Herbst said.Warde Manuel, UConn’s athletic director, told The Associated Press on Monday that he also finds the… Read full this story
- 'They are jeopardising everyone's privacy': Fears 'dangerous' new laws could allow the government to spy on YOUR private messages - even if you're doing nothing wrong
- Sharia in Brunei: the sultan's new laws
- UK citizens to get more rights over personal data under new laws
- Coalition wants to amend Marriage Act as part of new laws to protect religious freedom
- There is need for a new law for data privacy: Supratim Chakraborty, Khaitan & Co LLP
- Gypsy travellers terrorising New Zealand leave hotel room strewn with cigarettes, red bull and SPAGHETTI - as cleaners try in vain to get rid of 'smell of kid's poo'
- Nancy Pelosi demands new law to make it possible to INDICT a sitting president - but she would have to get Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell to agree
- New Zealand MP speaks of abuse ordeal as new laws tackle strangulation attacks
- Florida travels to New York for conference battle
- Florida travels to New York for Panthers-Rangers matchup
UConn’s Ollie won’t travel to Final Four because of new law have 374 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 31, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.