It’s time for a talk. The talk. Yep, S-E-X. Sure, your parents probably busted out the anatomy books when you were a kid. That goes there, those do that, etc. (Yuck!) And you may have taken some sex ed classes in school, or had frank discussions with your doctor. But here’s a dirty secret: When it comes to human sexual anatomy—the wellspring of civilization—there’s a shocking amount people don’t know. Not just civilians. Scientists! Part of it’s practical: Sex is really hard to study. Even today, with sensors and MRIs showing us what goes on when we’re getting it on, sterile labs aren’t exactly the coziest places in the world to examine our bodies. But much of the problem is also cultural: Until the Kinsey Institute, broaching the subject of sex at all was almost universally taboo. In other words, we humans don’t know our bodies as well as we think. (Remember Sophia’s very educational vagina lesson on Orange is the New Black?) So we decided to own up to our ignorance—and take it one step further: We’re a dude delving into the depths of the vagina and a lady sizing up the science of the penis. There’s more to… Read full this story
- Does menopause affect your sex drive?
- UK universities are 'gagging' students to keep sex assault claims secret: Data reveals 300 NDAs have been signed in four years with individuals paid up to £40,000 to protect institute's name
- 'I begged him to stop': Chantelle Houghton opens up about the harrowing four days that Alex Reid turned their home into a sex dungeon
- Relationship Rehab: Is having sex on the first date OK?
- Pregnant Chelsea Clinton Jokes 'Nothing Against My Parents' But Her Kids Are Most 'Important'
- Sex And The City star Chris Noth, 65, and wife Tara Wilson, 37, welcome their second son named Keats as they share sweet first snap of newborn
- Jenny Mollen Talks Mom Guilt, Says 'Nothing Makes' Motherhood 'Easy' — Even Help from Her Nanny
- Andrea Canning, 46, Talks Expecting First Son After Five Daughters: 'We Wanted a Boy So Badly'
- Barry Sonnenfeld on Parenting, Being Parented and the End of Small Talk
- Despite Physician Advice, Parents Refuse HPV Vaccine
The Sex Talk You Never Had With Your Parents have 368 words, post on www.wired.com at February 17, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.