With two former Vanderbilt football players facing decades in prison after being convicted of the rape of an unconscious student in a dorm room, attention now turns to two of their teammates who have yet to go to trial.It took a jury three hours Tuesday to reach a verdict convicting Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey of multiple charges of aggravated rape and sexual battery. The jury saw powerful video evidence and photographs of the then-21-year-old neuroscience major being sexually assaulted on a dorm room floor. Some of those videos were taken by Vandenburg, who sent them to friends while the attack was ongoing.The jury rejected claims that they were too drunk to know what they were doing, and that a college culture of binge drinking and promiscuous sex should be blamed for the attack. It also rebuffed Vandenburg’s argument that he shouldn’t be held responsible because he did not have sex with the victim during the attack.As the jury foreman read the decision, Batey was stoic, staring ahead. Vandenburg shook his head “no,” appearing stunned. His father cried out, and then briefly left the courtroom.The victim, who cried as each guilty verdict was announced, issued a statement shortly after the… Read full this story
- The man accused of shooting inside a New Hampshire church is facing more charges, prosecutors say
- Texas policeman faces murder charges after killing black woman in her home
- UPDATE 4-Texas policeman faces murder charges after killing black woman in her home
- Actor Cuba Gooding Jr, accused of groping, faces new charge
- Man jailed over attack 'could face murder charge'
- Son of Thorpe's former coach to face 61 charges of child sexual abuse at swim school
- 'Campaign of rape'
- Why are rape prosecutions at a 10-year low?
- Women’s rights group sues CPS over failure to pursue rape cases
- Texas Police Officer Who Killed Black Woman in Home Resigns, Faces Charges
After 2 convictions, 2 more Vanderbilt players face rape charges have 312 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 27, 2015. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.