Royal Enfield has just hired Pierre Terblanche who has previously worked at Ducati. He is also responsible for the mad yet awesome Confederate X132 Hellcat Speedster!
India companies sure have the right type of hiring going on, after Hero MotoCorp hired ex-BMW designer Markus Braunsperger to head its R&D operations, it’s now Royal Enfield which makes big news for hiring Pierre Terblanche as its new chief of design. This is some news because the expertise of Mr. Pierre is vast. He has worked in Cagiva Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Noron and Confederate Motors before joining Royal Enfield (necessarily in that order). To his credit are the designs of the Hypermotard, Supermono, Multistrada, 749 and 999 for Ducati while the Confederate X132 Hellcat was also done by him.
Pierre Terblanche hails from South Africa and has also designed boats in the past. His design journey started with Volkswagen and since then there has been no looking back. His appointment at Royal Enfield comes at a crucial time as the Bullet maker looks at entering newer markets and making its presence stronger in existing markets where it has recently made in-roads. The company wants to be the leader in the middle-weight segment and currently doesn’t have any upcoming products lined up.
Royal Enfield will also face tough competition as more and more automakers try their hand in the middle-weight segment which is currently dominated by the Chennai based company. Rumours of a twin-cylinder bike from the makers of the Thunderbird and Classic range of bikes has been doing the rounds since quite sometime now.
With sales going well and demand being at its peak, Royal Enfield recently announced its plans to set-up its third plant in the country, resulting in an investment of Rs. 57 crores. This isn’t the first time the Eicher Motors owned firm has made a big recruit, earlier this year it hired Red Copes as its President for North America. Mr. Copes was the global sales head for Harley-Davidson before he joined the Indian company.
- Royal Enfield Electra 350 Modified By Ornithopter Moto Design: Renamed KARGIL
- 'Meghan's PR fixers will now exploit and monetise EVERY chance to promote her brand': Royal experts slam Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's sudden sacking of 15 UK staff and 'crass' video with Vogue editor
- Victoria Beckham is 'at war with Stella McCartney after hiring the designer's nanny and attempting to employ a key member of her fashion team'
- Ram Mandir trust elects office-bearers, PM's ex-Principal secy to oversee construction committee
- Credit Suisse revisits ex-U.S. employee's spying claim
- RPT-Credit Suisse revisits ex-US employee's spying claim
- How 'best of frenemies' Victoria Beckham and Stella McCartney fell out: ALISON BOSHOFF reveals how the fashion designer pair with so much in common have been driven apart
- Triumph Tiger 900 India Launch In April: Details And Expected Price
- Kambala’s Usain Bolt beaten: New record created
- Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- Hero Xpulse 200 Rally Kit Launched In India At Rs 38,000: Street Legal And FMSCI Certified
- 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- Republic Media Network discloses extent of Arnab Gowswami’s personal shareholding
- Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- Why mavericks do more than manuals
- Coronavirus: China turns to internet for food supplies amid virus fears
- Suzuki Katana Not Coming To India This Year — Here's Why
- Tighten laws against terror funding, FATF tells Pakistan
Royal Enfield Hires Ex-Ducati Designer, Pierre Terblanche have 578 words, post on www.motorbeam.com at November 15, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.