Want to try something new? The DOCO Doughnut & Coffee Company has created The Doughgle, a new hybrid doughnut bagel, sure to satisfy the most enthusiastic doughnut and bagel lovers everywhere.
“When we first opened, we wanted something new and different, and the Kronut was born, which is our version of a croissant doughnut hybrid,” says owner and founder Vinny Depaola in a news release. “After the Kronut, we wondered ‘what’s the next big thing’? What we could do next that would be distinctively different and delicious? So we created the doughnut bagel, and thus came the birth of the Doughgle”.
The Doughgle, unlike traditional bagels, which are boiled and then baked, are poached in hot oil, then baked. It’s light like a doughnut but less sweet and softer than a bagel. Doughgles come in an array of flavors, such as onion, sesame, poppy, everything, eggs, bacon and a with a variety of cream cheeses.
The Doughgle is expected to launch today.
In the news release, they are inviting everyone to come and taste “a little bit of heaven in every soft warm bite.” Come in anytime this weekend and get a free cup of coffee with the purchase of any egg sandwich on the new Doughgle.
DOCO Doughnut & Coffee Company is at 5015 Route 33/34 in Farmingdale and at 555 Shrewsbury Ave. in Shrewsbury. Call 732-256-9797 or visit www.docodonut.com.
- 12 of the Jersey Shore's best bagel shops
- North Jersey's must-stop coffee shops
- Po'Boys Sandwich Shop opens in Fort Myers, Duck Donuts coming to Coconut Point in Estero
- Crumbs Bake Shop set to reopen first of 16 NYC-area stores
- REVIEW: 2015 McLaren 675LT is exclusive and electrifying
- Miso-maple doughnuts sure to be a hit at uptown bakery, Dough Loco
- Try fall flavors at these 6 Fort Collins coffee shops
- 'Property Brothers' talk with lohud: Exclusive
- To busy families, a heavenly text message: 'I'll be your shopper today'
- Pizza-flavored ice cream is a real thing at this Philadelphia shop
- La Bonbonniere Bake Shops offering King Cakes through Mississippi-based partner
- Pay-it-forward shopping takes off during holidays
- EXCLUSIVE: Monmouth Mall's new look
- In the Know: Aldi grocery chain plans more area locations
- GunTV Is the First-Ever Home Shopping Channel for Firearms
- Advocates: Develop areas around Arizona's canals
- Indy-area housing market surges to record prices
- Eats Beat: 'Today Show' nutrition expert Joy Bauer debuts snack subscription service
- Business leaders in Jamaica launch campaign to bring sit-down restaurants
Exclusive: 'Doughnut bagel' launches today at area shop have 412 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 20, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.