More medical staff have been suspended or moved to other duties as part of an inquiry into patient care at a mental health ward in north Wales.
Concerns about care at the Tawel Fan ward at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Denbighshire were raised last December .
Eight nurses have since been suspended and four have been moved to other duties, while two doctors are working under restrictions.
The ward closed after the allegations were made.
A spokesperson for Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) said the Nursing and Midwifery Council and General Medical Council had been informed.
The health board asked North Wales Police to investigate after it was notified of what it called “deeply disturbing” allegations in December 2013.
The publication of an independent report commissioned by BCUHB into the matter has been put on hold while the police inquiry continues.
Last week, issues surrounding the Tawel Fan ward became a target of criticism from the Conservatives and the Daily Mail newspaper on Labour’s record running the health service in Wales.
The attacks prompted the Welsh Health Minister Mark Drakeford to write to his UK counterpart , Jeremy Hunt, stating that the NHS in Wales “will not be the victim of any Conservative Party ploy to drag its reputation through the mud for entirely partisan political purposes”.
- Cricket star rushed to hospital after collapsing on the pitch
- Man City fan hospitalised in critical condition after being assaulted after Schalke game
- Chelsea slam fans after “unacceptable” incidents
- Shane Flanagan being probed by NRL
- German Automakers ‘Rearrange’ Staff After Newest Diesel-related Scandal, Audi Employees See Homes Raided
- Maryland DB taken to hospital overnight as precaution after getting sick during team workout
- Sheffield United fan punched in the face as fans fight outside Bramall Lane fight before Bristol City clash
- Austria says it has opened a doping probe into Russian biathletes
- Golden Knights players visit kids at hospital for the holidays
- Inter fans banned from Empoli clash in wake of Koulibaly racism shame
- What’s it like living in the heart of enemy territory? We asked Utah fans in Provo and BYU supporters in Salt Lake City
- Cowboys' Crawford released from hospital after neck injury
- WWE News: Ric Flair issues statement after leaving the hospital
- BREAKING NEWS: Boca Juniors ask CONMEBOL to suspend Copa Libertadores and punish River Plate
- Manchester City fan in 'critical condition' after alleged assault following Schalke game
- US medics blast British hospital staff after spotting ‘blunders’ in Andy Murray’s post-op pictures
- With Draymond Green suspended, Kevin Durant and Steve Kerr's tones speak volumes about state of Warriors
- BYU football: Michael Shelton touched by BYU fans' warm reception, excited to take on Utah
- Manchester United join forces with FA and Uefa to combat fan safety fears in Barcelona
- Soccer Fans in Buenos Aires Turn Their Passion Into Something Ugly
More staff suspended in Tawel Fan hospital probe have 490 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at October 27, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.