The famous gown will be given to the princes after Harry turns 30 on Sept. 15
Princess Diana 's wedding dress is finally coming home.
The document stipulates that the dress should be given to her sons after Harry turns 30, which he will on Sept. 15.
The silk-and-taffeta lace dress, created by David and Elizabeth Emanuel, features a 25-ft. train and 10,000 pearls. In its day, it was as famous as the Alexander McQueen gown Kate Middleton wore for her 2011 wedding to Prince William .
In 1998, it became the centerpiece of the museum at Althorp , the Spencer family's estate in Northampton.
After more than a decade on display there, the dress has been taken down, and the impending relocation to London raises the prospect that it will be on public display in one of the capital city's royal palaces.
Last summer, a collection of royal dresses was on public display at Kensington Palace, where William and Harry have their respective private, official residences.
This includes, on loan from PEOPLE , a gown previously worn and owned by Diana.
Want more stories like this?
Sign up for our newsletter and other special offers:
Thank you for signing up!
Princess Diana's Changing Looks
- FROM THE ARCHIVES: The Shocking Death of Princess Diana, 20 Years Ago Today
- Royal wedding LIVE: All of the dresses, royals, celebs, tears and gossip as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle get married TODAY
- Royal weddings: 16 facts you didn’t know
- Her Royal Happiness: Meghan Markle beams as she takes her dogs for a walk with Archie in a baby carrier - as Prince Harry finally arrives in Canada to start their new life after his last royal engagement
- Prepare for some ROYALLY sore heads! Wedding fever grips Britain as thousands of revellers at street parties prepare to celebrate into the night
- History repeating itself? The Queen is 'sensitive' to what Prince Harry is going through after watching her sister Princess Margaret struggle in her shadow, royal historian claims
- The most magical day of their lives! Couple throw a Harry Potter inspired wedding - complete with floating candles, a Deathly Hallows cake and an EPIC first dance
- Truth about Sheikh Maktoum's missing princesses Latifa and Shamsa could be revealed in his High Court fight with Princess Haya
- A princess's breasts are NOT for leering at (and neither are anybody else's)
Princess Diana's Wedding Dress Going to Princes William and Harry have 497 words, post on people.com at September 2, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.