Robin Williams‘ shocking death, in what appears to be a suicide in his Bay Area home, has elicited a flood of reactions, from those who knew him best, from colleagues and friends, and from fans who’ve followed his work from Mork & Mindy through his Oscar-winning turn in Good Will Hunting, an array of other film, TV and Broadway projects, his standup comedy and much more. Here’s a selection of those reactions: Danny DeVito, Williams’ friend and co-star/director on Death to Smoochy:“So sad to think about this. Hard to speak. Hard to say. Hard to take. All I can think about is what a joy he was to be with. I’m devastated. I’m sending my love to his family and everyone who loved him. My heart is broken by this news.” Garry Marshall, creator of Mork & Mindy: “Once, years ago, Robin and I were walking on the Paramount lot near the set of our show Mork & Mindy. It was very late at night and we were talking and walking. Robin loved to stay up late and always had more energy than any person anywhere, in any room. I said to him that night, “Do you think we will ever grow up?” And he said without… Read full this story
- Robin Williams, Hollywood’s Grand Jester, Is Dead at 63
- Margaret Cho on ‘All About Sex,’ Playing Dictators and Robin Williams
- Robin Williams May Not Have Completed His Voice Role in Absolutely Anything
- Does Tony Live or Die at the End of
- Kate Spade death: Mental illness 'doesn't discriminate'
- Prince William walks into diplomatic storm on royal visit as Israeli minister slams organisers 'for claiming Jerusalem's Old City is in the Occupied Palestinian Territories'
- My search for the real Robin Hood
- The Masked Singer: Michelle Williams removes Butterfly mask after 'beautiful experience' on Fox show
- What a decade it's been! From the most joyous occasions to the moments that shocked us, Reuters' best images from the last ten years captured them all
- ‘It’s a very shallow industry’: Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams says she worries about finding roles once the show ends – because of her LOOKS
Reactions To Robin Williams Death: Shock And Sadness As The Laughter Ended have 357 words, post on deadline.com at August 11, 2014. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.